Random thoughts

The pro-life right seems to think that the pro-choice crowd is having abortion parties. “Yeah, choice! Kill that babay and let’s dance!”

This shit is not happening.

Drunk drivers kill more children than guns and thats a fact. No one (Or not many) wants to outlaw alcohol and you don't care because either a) you enjoy drinking and can do it responsibly and enjoy that recreation more than gun recreation and/or b) you're convinced (actively or passively) that a gun homicide involving a child is more tragic than a motor vehicle homicide involving a child and/or c) you believe the utility of legalized consumption of alcohol is greater than the utility of legalized gun ownership.

It's probably a mix of all of the above.

As for the abortion thing it's sounds like ninas critisim doesnt apply to you Matty. You value life paramount and your positions are consistent. I see what she's saying tho ans i still think it's interesting when push button abortion people are appalled at headline loss of life, whatever the cause.

Fair enough. I just don’t think that “push button abortion” is really a thing. No one wants to kill babies.

I’ll concede that drunk driving is a good argument/comparison to gun violence. It is treated way too casually by a significant portion of the population.

Nope wrong. Gun homicides are down in the US since 1996 by even greater rates than Australia. Hey maybe your awesome regulation is responsible for our GREATER drop in gun homicide rates, it's just that thoughtful.

\
Are you seriously equating abortion and random mass shootings?

No one is going around stabbing pregnant women in the gut for population control.

You can kiss my very real dick. (I’m a married man and could use the action.)

Yes I am. You heard JL's heartbeat at what? 12 to 15 weeks. You want to tell me that was NOT a person's heart you heard? The same one out there screaming about gun control also scream for abortions up to the point of delivery. And the same ones who scream about not giving babies born alive from abortion procedure medical treatment. The majority of gun owners are not the problem and no amount of legislation is going to change or prevent evil from happening. If your legal gun owners (who are the majority of them) were the problem, then there would be a lot more dead.

Per the CDC, in 2014 (because apparently that is the latest stats you can find on google) there were 652,639 abortions performed in the US. And that number is lower than in previous years. 91.5% performed at less than 13 weeks, 7.2% performed up to 14-20 weeks, and 1.3% performed at more than 21 weeks. That would be 186 abortions per every live 1000 birth.

So let's use those same numbers for current day. 652,639/52 weeks = 12,550.75 a week. We have been through approximately 7 weeks so far this year so that is 87,855.25 abortions. The percentage of those performed for incest and/or rape make up a very low percentage (like less than 2%).

Again, the majority of your gun owners aren't the problem and never have been. It's the fact that society has desensitized people on the value of life, both their own and other peoples. The majority of gun owners hope they are never in a situation to where they have to use their gun for a life and death situation but they are ready if need be. And yeah, they can suck your dick because I don't want their hate-filled mouths near mine (or Mr. Nina's)

Nope wrong. Gun homicides are down in the US since 1996 by even greater rates than Australia. Hey maybe your awesome regulation is responsible for our GREATER drop in gun homicide rates, it's just that thoughtful.
Lolz...

No massacres since 1996 since gun regulation was implemented..thats 22 years bro...

But yeah, if facts aren't your thing boner then hey BOL to you pal...

One other thing forgot to mention... In the previous 18 years before gun control we had 13 massacres at the hands of firearms...

Tell me it doesn't work.... Cool story bro...

not about death per se. Everybody dies. Three very different things.

btw I'm on the fence about guns. But dictating what someone can do with something that's inside their body, or what they can put in their body is different from dictating what weapon they can buy to potentially kill others.

guess that would be the point of contention for me then. Not whether the fetus is a person, but whether you have a right to your own body.

btw if I remember correctly, according to Freakonomics(?) violent crime rates went down drastically about 20 years after legalization of abortion, primarily for that very reason.

I find smiling to be a peculiar phenomenon. People's faces doing that recognizable thing in response to things.

Over the course of evolution.

Interesting and peculiar. When I think about it.

Ok, so who was lying to Fergie for the past couple of weeks telling her that rendition was going to be good??

1519173554400.jpg