random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,485 Views
OH OH, who they got playing there? Better put dream team together again

Couldn't have happened to a better coach! Maybe he should retire and get into politics? :dunno:

So I was driving home from work and the sports radio stations offered two options.

Leafs first pre-season game.

Jays game as they ride out the last couple weeks versus a 100-loss Baltimore Orioles team.

:thinking:

I went with the Jays game.

I feel like I learned something about myself today.

The Houston Astros are my pick to win the World Series BTW.

It's my Super Uber Mega Pick of the Millenium. Everyone needs to tail me as I am +447 units for my last 161 picks.

Well no but Houston. I like Houston.

Per Fangraphs. The Astros have 33.8% chance of winning the WS.

The team with the next highest chance of winning it all (Yankees) are at 15.6%.

Don’t hurt yourself out there on that huge limb.

image.jpg

Washed up D Man Ryan Whitney inspired a new vodka. Cool story about how it happened via podcast.

I know. One of our hockey players, a girl, was passing around this shit during tournament. I took a drink, it's actually fairly strong for such a fruity looking thing. 30%

Reno, Lets get a team together for this tourney:

Look at this stat mister monkey.. Robert Lewandowski has 9 goals in 9 games for Bayern, one in each game

It seems they have revamped the Davis Cup format and it seems that Canada made it to the finals (before losing to host country Spain.)

I guess that's all good. Well actually there are pros and cons to the new format.

I have to admit, I didn't care much about it though. Like if I didn't work today, I still probably wouldn't have watched any of it. When one our players makes a majors final, I'm all over that - but Davis Cup? It has never clicked for me. Something off about it. Can't put my finger on it exactly.

Agree Muddy, Davis Cup lost me a long time ago! I have no idea when they play anymore! Plus most star players don't get paid much to play for their country! Patriotism has left the sport!

Remember this crazy pair playing for Romania when I was a kid! Nastase and Ion Tiriac! Talk about a home court advantage going to Romania!
1574647800337.png

1574647899658.png

Brazilian soccer team Flamengo won the Libertadores cup on Saturday, and on Sunday won the league. They didn't actually play on Sunday but second place team lost and they mathematically clinched it. The continental and national championship back to back, literally.