random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,547 Views
The NFL will start it’s season on time (September 10) is +135 at Bookmaker.

^ Seems like a decent bet. I wanna bet against it finishing.

Oh I didn’t bet it. Should have been more clear. Just posting the line. That line does not give me a good feeling about MLB.

That would be the last time the Pirates were in the World Series

Fuk you Sid Bream

And the umpire that took McSherry’s place when McSherry fell ill early in the game. Guy had no fucking clue what the strike zone was.

:fuckyourmother:

I'm just glad my favorite player won the cup eventually, in Florida

1585967713692.png

RC, no doubt BB was glad too! Fond memories for the both of you but these days what might really make him happy is when July 1st rolls around every year!

:birthday:

The calendar has shifted to July, and that can mean only one thing: It's time for Mets fans everywhere to wish each other a Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Why? On Monday, 56-year-old Bobby Bonilla will collect a check for $1,193,248.20 from the New York Mets, as he has and will every July 1 from 2011 through 2035.

What happened?
In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out the remaining $5.9 million on Bonilla's contract. However, instead of paying Bonilla the $5.9 million at the time, the Mets agreed to make annual payments of nearly $1.2 million for 25 years starting July 1, 2011, including a negotiated 8% interest. At the time, Mets ownership was involved with a Bernie Madoff account that promised double-digit returns over the course of the deal, and the Mets were poised to make a significant profit -- if the Madoff account delivered. It did not.

Blame it on Bernie! :yes:

What happened?
In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out the remaining $5.9 million on Bonilla's contract. However, instead of paying Bonilla the $5.9 million at the time, the Mets agreed to make annual payments of nearly $1.2 million for 25 years starting July 1, 2011, including a negotiated 8% interest. At the time, Mets ownership was involved with a Bernie Madoff account that promised double-digit returns over the course of the deal, and the Mets were poised to make a significant profit -- if the Madoff account delivered. It did not.

lol this is gold :money:

This Saturday afternoon and evening, ESPN is showing a ton of classic fights

Cassius Clay/Sonny Liston
Tyson/Holmes
Ali/Frazier I, II and III
etc

:) First one of the three was the best! Google fight of the century!

Was a Philly Smokin Joe guy at the time!

Last edited: