random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 263,294 Views
Some might argue that, after a certain age, the size and shape of your upper head should be a constant thing.

It should be one static concept. It's the size and shape of your upper head. Period. There should be no need for the adjective, current.

But with Barry Bonds it is necessary to specify a timeframe when referring to the size and shape of his upper head.

Are we talking about his current upper head? Or his past upper head? And if his past, which specific point in time?

One should not enter into a discussion of Barry Bonds' upper head casually.

Apparently Milan Lucic has been playing well lately.

Probable explanation: because he was left off the Canadian Olympic team so he has a chip on his shoulder/wants to prove himself.

Sports talk has (often) become a weird and stupid exercise in mind-reading to formulating conclusions to fit a circumstance that makes the speaker seem like he thinks of stuff.

Could it be that Milan Lucic is playing well because he's a good player? And that's why he was so close to making the Canadian Olympic team in the first place? And that's why he is playing well? Because he often does because he's good?

No.

Never the biggest Buffalo fan but the guy was tough as they come, hope Kelly recovers from his cancer reappearing .......

nfl_a_jim-kelly_mb_600x400.jpg

Lucic is Canadian? the fuck? he is one weird looking fok though

Apparently so. I guess he's of Serbian extraction? Cuz of the "ic" at the end? Like Milos Raonic and Daniel Nesterovic (who goes by Nestor).

I have a Serbian friend who pointed out many great Canadians of Serbian origin to me. I recall being quite impressed (although none of them seem to be coming to mind at the moment besides the ones I already said.)

But yeah, Lucic was one of the last cuts for Team Canada.

just looked that up. Milan made me think Czechoslovakia. But Serbia, thats cool.

Apparently so. I guess he's of Serbian extraction? Cuz of the "ic" at the end? Like Milos Raonic and Daniel Nesterovic (who goes by Nestor).

I have a Serbian friend who pointed out many great Canadians of Serbian origin to me. I recall being quite impressed (although none of them seem to be coming to mind at the moment besides the ones I already said.)

Rob Ford?

poor brave Serbia. they got fucked over again :hides:

wisconsin entirely too white to win...

Archie, you know that other Archie, Miller that is at Dayton really had them going strong in the latter part of the year! Right now I see most experts have them as a last four team in! I know MCB will be anxiously waiting to see if they make it!

Dayton, Ohio fans usually pack the house but would be ironic if the Flyers are a last four team in ....... cause look where they would play! No, the selection committee never takes matchups or where teams play into account to sell more tickets! Right! I'm cynical I know!

Is there anything in sports sillier looking than an indoor lacrosse goalie?

bowhunter-13.jpg

The Philadelphia 76ers have lost 26 consecutive games.

They are not the worst team in the NBA. They are currently a game ahead of Milwaukee in the standings.

!!!!!

The Philadelphia 76ers have lost 26 consecutive games.

They are not the worst team in the NBA. They are currently a game ahead of Milwaukee in the standings.

!!!!!

Everyone in Philly hopes they break the record tonight with 27 losses in a row! Philly already holds the distinction for the worst season record of 9-73! In the NBA it appears you have to sink to the bottom to get to the top!

I'm hoping like every 76er fan for the 1st pick in the draft and the Sixers I think also have the 10-12th range pick in the first round! Fans knew it was going to be bad before the season started!

Everyone in Philly hopes they break the record tonight with 27 losses in a row! Philly already holds the distinction for the worst season record of 9-73! In the NBA it appears you have to sink to the bottom to get to the top!

I'm hoping like every 76er fan for the 1st pick in the draft and the Sixers I think also have the 10-12th range pick in the first round! Fans knew it was going to be bad before the season started!
The really amazing part is they beat Miami.