random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 262,173 Views
With Lane on board really won't be rooting for Bama! Right Al?

1380556469009-AP-Raiders-Kiffin-Fired-Football.jpg

Terrence Ross scored 51 points for the Raptors on Saturday night. It was in a losing cause but still, helluva game, 51 points.

It tied Vince Carter's club record and almost doubled his previous career high of 26.

Helluva game.

Only thing is - never heard of ya pal.

There's a Terrence Ross?

Agreed on the splash brothers possibly not holding up because the second you are counting on Iggy to hit a big shot you're in trouble, agree Bogut is shitty.

There shall be no e-facesmashing. I have it as 1) Indiana 2) Golden State 3) Miami and everyone else.

okc is better than g.st even w/out westbrook

A point made a few times around the Super Bowl was how it was the first major championship for Seattle since the Supersonics in 1979.

But them some people chimed in with, "Not true. The Seattle Storm has won a couple of titles since then, one as recently as 2010."

WNBA.

Yeah, no.

IMO people should refrain from being gay in that manner.

Cali does not approve.

The Supersonics were cool. I didn't know they won in '79. was that aba or nba? I think the Nuggets won some stuff in the aba back then.

That was the NBA.

The Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup in 1917.

Throw in the Super Bowl and that's it for Seattle.

Many happy returns with that WNBA title though. Party on. I wonder what they call the WNBA championship anyway? The Gaylord Cup?

man, why is Alex English not in the hall of fame?

Arizona is still #2 but I'm telling it's not real. The Ashley injury is BIG he's a good clutch player and it sucks he's out for the year. I'd say they are legit top 5. Still pulling for a #1 out west but I think they get knocked off at least once more before the tourney. If hyped up Gordon would stop looking like a high school kid with his outside lack of accuracy it might help.

Speaking of gay, another thing that bugs my ass: the thing in recent years with airhead sports fans deciding that their team tanking is the answer to their problems.

It's becoming more and more common. It's not just the bottom of the barrel teams. Basically any team that is looking unlikely to make the playoffs will have large numbers of overthinking fans saying they need to tank and try to get the #1 pick. And that will solve all their problems.

Doesn't matter that there are lotteries. Doesn't matter if there is nothing anywhere near an Andrew Luck prospect in the upcoming draft.

Any year, any mediocre team ---> you got the airhead fans babbling away, acting like they have come up with some brilliant thing that no one has ever thought of.

Airheads are still saying it about the Raptors RIGHT NOW. They are in position to make the playoffs and even be favored to get to the second round ---> dipshits are saying they should trade away all their assets so they can improve their chances of getting Andrew Wiggins.

Andrew Wiggins.

I mean, okay. If Lebron James is available, there is a philosophical case to be made. The idea of tanking is still retarded but as a theoretical discussion, sure, go ahead and babble.

But people have become completely retarded about it.

Great rant there MC. Do you want the same mediocre management drafting and developing the next star? Heck no because they probably failed to begin with, that's why they are there. The NBA has a real image problem with teams appearing to tank.

So has Jadaveon Clowney done more than that one play? All I ever see is that play where he made a big hit and caused a fumble. Over and over. For some reason no one blocked him and he made a big hit. Nice play I guess (although not being blocked helped a lot I think.)

Since then he has been touted as a possible #1 overall draft pick.

I assume he must have done more than that but maybe not. I remember someone giving Matt Flynn a huge contract basically based on his performance in one meaningless game. Aaron Rodgers was sitting out because the team had a 14-1 record - and Flynn filled in and had a big game - and someone gave him 26 million dollars.

You'd like to think there was more that went into that but his stats are a matter of public record. It was just that one game. You'd like to think that NFL execs are not completely stupid and short-sighted but that happened.

So, ridiculous as it would be, I could see how that one splashy play would be the entire basis for Jadaveon Clowney's massive rep. But I don't know. Is he actually any good?

So has Jadaveon Clowney done more than that one play? All I ever see is that play where he made a big hit and caused a fumble. Over and over. For some reason no one blocked him and he made a big hit. Nice play I guess (although not being blocked helped a lot I think.)

Since then he has been touted as a possible #1 overall draft pick.

I assume he must have done more than that but maybe not. I remember someone giving Matt Flynn a huge contract basically based on his performance in one meaningless game. Aaron Rodgers was sitting out because the team had a 14-1 record - and Flynn filled in and had a big game - and someone gave him 26 million dollars.

You'd like to think there was more that went into that but his stats are a matter of public record. It was just that one game. You'd like to think that NFL execs are not completely stupid and short-sighted but that happened.

So, ridiculous as it would be, I could see how that one splashy play would be the entire basis for Jadaveon Clowney's massive rep. But I don't know. Is he actually any good?

Hell of an athlete. Doubt Houston touches him but Atlanta will have to decide whether 2013 was the real Clowney or 2012. He is a gamechanger if his head is on straight.

Some information for everyone as the NHL season resumes.

1) If a team that had a lot of players in Sochi gets off to a hot start - it's because their players that were in the Olympics are sharper than those that just had a 3 week holiday.

2) If a team that had a lot of players in Sochi gets of to a weak start - it's because their players that were in the Olympics are more tired and are having trouble finding motivation for the NHL grind.

3) If a team that had very few players in Sochi gets off to a hot start - it's because they don't have unmotivated Olympians struggling to get back to the NHL grind, plus they have rehabbed their injuries.

4) If a team that had very few players in Sochi gets off to a bad start - it's because they are rusty from the break.

To summarize: there is no such thing as normal ups and downs for the rest of the season. Everything is because of the Olympics.

Teams will be rusty from the break.

Practice < real games

maybe we should all start betting unders. I want Latvia/Canada rematch