random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,559 Views
Teams will be rusty from the break.

Great theory. I hear it every time there is a playoff series between a team that has had a long time off since their previous series and a team that just finished up.

Rust.

Except when the rested team plays better - which happens right around half the time - it is because they were rested and had time to let injuries heal.

And now it can all be linked to the Olympics.

Sports talk is fantastic.

Witchita State is the #2 in Men's Basketball. When was the last time if ever that a mid major team was #1 heading into the post season?

Wally, we need your thoughts on the new radical Buc's uniform?

bucs uni.jpg
Here's one opinion ..... Tampas new Nike uniforms feature an oversized logo on the helmet, a bizarre black-based color scheme that ignores the franchises retro creamsicle uniforms (though the dark shade of the pants might be pewter) and numbers that look like the red LED digits on an alarm clock, only far less easy to read.

I like this from Twitter ......
ateam.jpg
I mean the @TBBuccaneers new uniform is basically the A-Team van.

Witchita State is the #2 in Men's Basketball. When was the last time if ever that a mid major team was #1 heading into the post season?

Good question.

Yes, the helmet I like! I mean I remember when the Broncos came up with those wild unis and I thought, OMG WTF is this? But I then I liked them after awhile! I realized that change can be good! Don't judge too early and have an open mind Monkey!

The Leafs have lost a couple games in the last week. It's not because they are a mediocre team that is bound to lose a couple games in a row pretty regularly.

It's because of their players that were at the Olympics. And also because they had so few players at the Olympics.

It's because of the Olympics.

Getting past Oregon State by a hair because Johnson catches fire

Yeah legit #3 over here boys :lmao:

We're not winning in Eugene

Maple Leafs won last night. Big factor was the Olympics.

:handshake:

Did you see what happened this evening! Student not only runs onto court but gets in the coach's face! No discipline taught at home it appears for today's youth! Hawaii at UC Santa Barbara b-ball game! Fine his parent's the cost of one year's tuition as punishment and you see how quick junior gets taught how to act!

ucsb-bro-runs-onto-court-against-hawaii1.gif

A line about the parents of Manute Bol that works a bit better said out loud than in writing:

What are the chances you name your boy Manute and he ends up being 8 feet tall?

Villanova got beat! Probably no #1 seed now! No matter being 28-3 till loss today never looked at them as a #1 seed or even a solid #2!

rip manute

sudanese warrior

Barry Bonds' post-playing-career head has shrunk.