random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 263,818 Views
The better team clinched a Euro spot today but that draw didn’t instill a lot of confidence in me for Euro 2024.

congrats to the MTL Alouettes and their hundreds of fans on the Grey Cup win!!

Who watched the end of the Lions-Cowboy game? We know Mike McCarthy never was a good time management coach, but WTF was Dan Campbell thinking? I mean okay Detroit gambles for a two-point try to win 21-20 instead of the tie and OT, but penalty moves it back to the 7 yard line and you still don't kick it? Don't think the most sophisticated analytics says you still try for two points.
:rolleyess:

Yeah that was wild but didn’t see them having a chance in OT.

Who watched the end of the Lions-Cowboy game? We know Mike McCarthy never was a good time management coach, but WTF was Dan Campbell thinking? I mean okay Detroit gambles for a two-point try to win 21-20 instead of the tie and OT, but penalty moves it back to the 7 yard line and you still don't kick it? Don't think the most sophisticated analytics says you still try for two points.
:rolleyess:
which one was worse, that one or the miami hurricanes earlier this year?

which one was worse, that one or the miami hurricanes earlier this year?
For me the Miami one (10 out of 10) but after the Lions penalty notified the 2 point conversion, trying for it from the 7 yard line says it gets a 8 out of 10! They drove right down to score and it's flip of the coin on who gets it first in OT.

Dan Campbell is a scary looking dude and tough job for reporters having to ask him a questions, especially after that game. Though during the press conference reporter asks paraphrasing "Did you think about kicking the extra point after going back to the 7 yard line?" Campbell, without hesitation and "no, we were completely going for the win" like that was the only choice.

No follow question but love to hear the next reporter in line to ask, "well how about if it went back to the 12 yard line?" Campbell probably would have jumped over the table and strangled the guy lol.

giving Bellarmine -2.5 a real hard look heading toward tip off at 6:30 PM

Bellar who?

Yeah that’s what I said when I read that colleges name.

Bellar who?

1 unit (-115) in

Let’s go Spurs +11 -110 common one time

Bellar who?

Bellarmine -1.5 -104 2H

They’re down 12 at the half