random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 262,351 Views
And then it will be okay for him to coach somewhere else. Makes no sense.

We just had a similar situation on the Blue Jays with Roberto Osuna. He has a domestic violence incident and he can no longer play. They can trade him - which amounts to saying it's okay for him to play - but it's not okay for him to play.

I guess I shouldn't say it's similar. Meyer's actions aren't similar to Osuna's.

But the consequences will, I expect, be similar.

Meanwhile Keith Acton is running for Mayor of Stouffville.

Do people know who Keith Acton is? He had a 15 year NHL playing career and then became an assistant coach. Decent two-way player. Non-superstar.

He did have one biggish season. 37 goals I believe. I heard an interview with him and he pointed out that he was on a line with Guy Lafleur and Steve Shutt that year. In that case, 37 goals might be considered embarrassingly low.

Funniest part of the interview to me: the interviewer wanted to make reference to his potential voters and asked if they are called Stouffvillians or Stouffvillites or wut.

Acton didn't know.

Looking on the bright side of Johnny Manziel's debut as a CFL starting QB: at least he didn't throw a fifth interception.

europa league

Dinamo Minsk @ Zenit St Petersburg

Dinamo won first leg 4-0

Zenit scores 2 and gets a red card

Zenit scores 2 more one man down to send it to extra time

extra time

Dinamo scores 1, global 4-5 with the away goal rule minute 99'

Zenit scores again 5-5 needs one more 109'

Zenit scores again 6-5 115'

Zenit scores again 7-5 120'

Zenit scores again 8-5 120'

:pope:

Continuing with the Johnny Football CFL updates: he is now unable to play due to concussion protocol.

V4ZQ8y6.jpg

What a tennis performance last night between Nadal and Thiem at US Open. No doubt will be an ESPN classic! Took almost 5 hours for Rafa to finally win in 5th set tiebreak. Wasn't over till 2AM but had to go to bed after 4th set!
:away:

Bring on the Maple Leafs and the Raptors.

These Blue Jays man. :facepalm:

Adam Kownacki.

Amazing boxing body.

18-0

Guy just doesn’t lose.

Gamelive.com