random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 262,079 Views
Blinded by boobage. Happens to the best of us.

That’s Ice-T’s wife. :betplom:

The wishful-thinking response to that is: and Paul George didn't want to be in OKC. Toronto is a pretty great city and organization. Maybe Leonard's eyes will be opened once he spends some time.

Who knows? Kawhi doesn't say much. We know so little about his attitude or his health.

Anyway, he's in town for his physical RIGHT NOW and there is a big press conference in 10 minutes !!! I don't know if Leonard is going to be there or it is just Raps President Masi Ujiri.

Whatever, I'm going to take a gander.

Yeah, all I can say is: Masai Ujiri always comes across as a smart, humble, effective, admirable guy - and it's hard to think of someone I would rather have representing us in trying to set up a long-term relationship with any player.

On an unrelated note: I was talking on the phone yesterday and the Tour de France came up (muted) on my TV.

I have very little interest in watching people ride bikes for a month but damn, that is some spectacular looking coverage.

I feel like the last few years there has been a real push to stop calling the British Open, the British Open.

It seems like some faceless powers-that-be want it called The Open Championship, or just The Open.

I prefer the British Open.

Ooh, Tiger Woods doing work. In the mix.

See, this is where I regret working Sundays. Most golf tournaments, I could be home in time to watch the last couple hours and see how it all unfolds - but with the time difference in Scotland, nope. It will be over by the time I get off.

Which brings up the question of recording it and leaving sportsradio off for the drive home.

:thinking:

I feel like the last few years there has been a real push to stop calling the British Open, the British Open.

It seems like some faceless powers-that-be want it called The Open Championship, or just The Open.

I prefer the British Open.

must have done a study and figured it was more profitable with xx brand than x brand, rights, bookings, merchandize, etc. everything is computer maximized now muddy :endoftheworld:

And now - Johnny Manziel gets traded from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to the Montreal Alouettes.

He has yet to take a regular season snap in the CFL - but he should have a much better chance on his new team where the Als are having serious injury issues at QB (as opposed to Hamilton where their starter had 9 straight 300-yard games up until last weekend and was not leaving any opening for his back-up.)

So if you're hungerin' for some Johnny Football news - like actual playing news - there should be some soon.

He gon’ end up in jail by season’s end.

Speaking of Joey Votto, he has never, in his 6591 major league plate appearances, popped up to the pitcher, catcher or first baseman.