random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 262,772 Views
MLS is not so bad these days, maybe not up there in quality of the top leagues but certainly more entertaining than many euro and latin leagues.

Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, Brasileirao, Argentine Primera have become unbearably boring the last few years. Lately I have been watching lower tier leagues like Finland, Danish, Japanese, Korean, Paraguayan leagues.

More amateurish play but less corporate europanization of the game.

5-0 loss to end season. Maybe that Lundquist can retire now

This is currently at the top of the CTV news site and my question is

:what:

LwUSJuH.jpg

Hmmm, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is going to be on Dancing With the Stars.

Easy there, old beanpole.

I dunno man. I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert. I watched close to zero college football last year. My NFL watching was at an all-time low.

I just listen to people gab. Those people are at all different places on the "expert" continuum. They have all different opinions on all different things.

And I try to interpret.

And I'm gonna say it: the Cleveland Browns taking Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick ---> that feels like yet another in a long list of Cleveland Browns fiascos.

Eugenie Bouchard is no longer Canada's #1 female tennis player. That distinction now goes to Francoise Abanda.

Abanda is 128th while Bouchard has dipped to 169th.

Abanda is claiming she does not get the same attention as Bouchard because of racism. Abanda is black.

I am going to suggest that she could alleviate her attention-deprived condition by cracking the world top 10 and making a Wimbledon final. Those are things that Bouchard did. Getting a super-hot twin sister would also not hurt.

But sure, racism.

Also, Milos Raonic is no longer Canada's top male tennis player. The former world #3 got passed this week by Dennis Shapovalov ending Raonic's 7+ year reign.

But they're both white so it's okay.

Eugenie Bouchard is no longer Canada's #1 female tennis player. That distinction now goes to Francoise Abanda.

Abanda is 128th while Bouchard has dipped to 169th.

Abanda is claiming she does not get the same attention as Bouchard because of racism. Abanda is black.

I am going to suggest that she could alleviate her attention-deprived condition by cracking the world top 10 and making a Wimbledon final. Those are things that Bouchard did. Getting a super-hot twin sister would also not hurt.

But sure, racism.

She’s not getting the same attention from me because of my penis.

Well okay so let's stop yakkin and have a look what we're actually dealing with. You know what, not bad. I'm not 100% on the face - she's definitely not my Bou-Bou - but that could work.

93ff5007ede924af7e27819153c891a2.jpg

I’d do her. I’m just saying, I wouldn’t lose 10 minutes of my day scrolling through her Instagram.

Johnny Manziel has first practice with Hamilton Tiger-Cats

and that's all I have to say about that.

Philadelphia 76ers president Bryan Colangelo accused of using fake Twitter accounts to trash players

:facepalm: