random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,519 Views
So the Raptors are the #1 seed in the east. The Leafs have won 9 of their last 10 and are 19 points clear of anyone who could catch them for their playoff spot.

Leafs and Raps have a combined 13 game winning streak at the ACC.

Some people would no doubt add at this point that the Argos are the reigning Grey Cup champs and Toronto FC won their league.

Those last 2 things aren't powerfully meaningful to me but they certainly don't take away from my point: we got some good teams in Toronto right now.

And the Blue Jays have Curtis Granderson.

Here's who, again, does not have many medals at an Olympics:

India.

If the current #1 Conference seeds meet for the NBA final it will be Houston vs Toronto.

I don't think the NBA final will be Houston vs Toronto

Heard they were smoking dope mixed with whale sperm.

Could be a rumor.

If the current #1 Conference seeds meet for the NBA final it will be Houston vs Toronto.

I don't think the NBA final will be Houston vs Toronto

These two teams, still both leading their conferences, meet tomorrow in Toronto.

I still don't think they meet in the final though.

Raptors win so I'm posting our logo.

We're dinosaurs - GRRRRRR!

raptors-logos.jpg

Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have dropped to 4th place in the Eastern Conference, a full 12 games behind the first place Raptors.

I wonder, if those two teams were to meet in a playoff series starting RIGHT NOW, who would be favored?

Can Cleveland - meaning Lebron - just flip a switch and be the dominant team again and march to the finals? I wouldn't put it past the bastard.

:mudcat:

As usual when I do a March Madness bracket, the upsets are the wrong upsets.

Major crash and burn on March Madness.

Merciful anyway. There was never an opening to get my hopes up.

Go Tarheels!

Hey, did you guys see that futboll game where that team was down 3-0 and this Ibrohimovich guy came in and scored a goal from half the field and they won 4-3? ...:thinking: I believe it was team Herbalife vs team Youtube

Hey, did you guys see that futboll game where that team was down 3-0 and this Ibrohimovich guy came in and scored a goal from half the field and they won 4-3? ...:thinking: I believe it was team Herbalife vs team Youtube

Reno balls, I had the good fortune of turning on the TV about 10 minutes before Zlatan came into the game.

That goal was one of the greatest sports moments I’ve seen on TV. And his 2nd goal (the header) was a juicy one as well.

LA Galaxy @ LAFC.

Bob Bradley’s (LAFC Head Coach) veins were popping out of his head.

Spieth. I always have to think hard to remember: is it Jordan or Justin?

Justin or Jordan?

Anyway my random SPORTS thought is this:

Spieth and whatnot.

Reno balls, I had the good fortune of turning on the TV about 10 minutes before Zlatan came into the game.

That goal was one of the greatest sports moments I’ve seen on TV. And his 2nd goal (the header) was a juicy one as well.

LA Galaxy @ LAFC.

Bob Bradley’s (LAFC Head Coach) veins were popping out of his head.

this was special :yes:

and before the game he took out a full page ad in the LA Times :laugh:

Yeah I don't remember ever seeing a goal in the air from that far out, it was hit wide and curved in. Also they were showing this guy and talking about how he's coming in and it's a big deal, down 3~0. :laugh:
Chances of me seeing such a thing, considering how much I watch US soccer gots to be pretty small. :thinking: unless the whole league is goofy, and they set this up every day. :grin: