random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,499 Views
At one point in last night's Raptors game, the Knicks had a 28-0 run.

If you just take away that, the Raps would have won.

with 1 match to go in the group phase of the champions, paris saint germain is 5-0-0 with 24 goals and 1 against :chickendance:

At the Maple Leafs game last night they acknowledged and celebrated the Argos winning the Grey Cup. They had a video package, then a bunch of Argos came out on the ice and there was a ceremonial puck drop.

Thing was, their opponent last night was the Calgary Flames - who just happen to be the same city the Argos beat in the Grey Cup.

Coincidence or troll-job?

:thinking:

The Subbans are facing each other tonight. Vegas @ Nashville. :nigerian::nigerian:

Mixed Doubles Curling is a medal sport at the upcoming Olympics.

Oddly, Canada, who has dominated all the regular curling for like 60 years, does not dominate mixed doubles. We were actually tooth-and-nail to even qualify for the Olympic tourney. But we did.

I feel like our mediocrity must have to do with just not giving a shit. Up until now, its been comparable to, say, Pro-Am golf. It's a novelty that you just do sometimes without giving it much thought.

If there's a big tournament, our best players are doing something else.

But we got some top players to represent us in South Korea so hopefully they can give it some decent focus for the next couple months.

Always greedy for medals, me.

The Toronto Raptors are very good again. They have been a very good team for a number of years now.

Feels so meaningless though. It's not like they have been a good team that has a shot and just never manages to break through - like the Blue Jays very good teams for a couple of years there. Coulda won it all. Just didn't quite.

With the Raptors there has not, at any point, been even the tiniest feeling they had any more chance than the very worst teams.

I find that kinda fucked.

Some people think he's christ on a cracker.

This is the same guy who was once traded for 2 first round picks, 2 seconds and 8 million bucks.

He must be totally super-amazing I guess

:dunno:

Barry Bonds needs to get into Cooperstown. He was a HOFer well before he turned into a turbocharged blimp.

Common.