Movies discussion - 5/17/10

• Start date
  • Replies 204 Comments
  • Views 13,158 Views
I saw Adaptation a long time ago and I don't remember a single thing about it other than Nick Cage's hair. This was before I was introduced to the wonderful world of drugs; back when I didn't have the ability to think much beyond getting my Christmas shopping done in July and baking cookies for the neighbors. This may come as a surprise to some, but just 6 years ago, I was heavily involved in the vocal ministry of a large Evangelical church. For the most part, I was straight-laced, family oriented...and completely miserable.

Wow, nice recovery!

I saw Adaptation a long time ago and I don't remember a single thing about it other than Nick Cage's hair. This was before I was introduced to the wonderful world of drugs; back when I didn't have the ability to think much beyond getting my Christmas shopping done in July and baking cookies for the neighbors. This may come as a surprise to some, but just 6 years ago, I was heavily involved in the vocal ministry of a large Evangelical church. For the most part, I was straight-laced, family oriented...and completely miserable.

Bread wins again :dance:

Blockbuster doesn't have The American Astronaut. How gay. Is it worth buying?

I say buy it.

I haven't watched Bug and I will, without knowing anything about it.

Don't read anything about it Lady X. It is a treat.

I love Robyn. I really really do.

A lot.

I just watched Synecdoche, New York. I liked it, just as I liked Adaptation, but it's a lot more of the same from Kaufman, who is rehashing themes and narrative techniques that have been used countless times by novelists over the last 50 years or so. It reminded me of Milan Kundera's Immortality and Georges Perec's Life: A User's Manual.

I just watched Synecdoche, New York. I liked it, just as I liked Adaptation, but it's a lot more of the same from Kaufman, who is rehashing themes and narrative techniques that have been used countless times by novelists over the last 50 years or so. It reminded me of Milan Kundera's Immortality and Georges Perec's Life: A User's Manual.

Be honest. You're only poo poo-ing on this because I've made it pretty obvious how much I loved it. Right?

Fuck you.

Be honest. You're only poo poo-ing on this because I've made it pretty obvious how much I loved it. Right?

Fuck you.

I hadn't read your review until 15 seconds ago. I liked it enough that I'm going to watch it again in the near future, but I can't help but think that Kaufman is oftentimes serving a mish-mash of literary classics to people who don't read novels. Every one of his movies borrows heavily from modern literary "classics" that no one reads.

lol me and moldy never read modern literary classics

good job bread

good job movie

I have zero patience to read. What Matty is doing right here...and attempting to be discreet about it....is stating his stance on how dum those that don't read are.

Juror...ppl who read novels and shit often times feel that they are intellectually superior to those that do not.

Fuck them. Fuck Matt. That was a good movie and it will strike a nasty chord in anyone who focuses/obsesses on death and the like.

Fuck you Matt Rain. Fucking Separatist.

Essentially, Matty is calling you an uncultured chawbacon, Bread. I don't know that I'd put up with that.

yeah, people read a book and think they are intellectuals and elite, people that join book clubs are the worst

MF & Juror I know exactly what he is doing. I've seen it many times.

I will never claim to be smarter than most. I am not.

But I am clever. And I know that I could put self-righteous fools like Matty Rain in a mental figure four and ignore the tap.

Of this, I am certain. I read all about it.