Movies discussion - 5/17/10

• Start date
  • Replies 204 Comments
  • Views 13,090 Views
"would you sit with me for a moment cuase im tire and lonely" ima use this line

Juror I enjoyed reading your reaction to the movie.

Shit was tight, wasn't it?

Haven't seen Adaptation. With Nick Cage? My favorite awesomely terrible actor? Is it good?

It's been in our queue for quite a while.

It's been in our queue for quite a while.

Well, get on it! It has Nick Cage, hard-core drug use, orchids, car crashes, an alligator attack, and Nick Cage. You're gonna love it.

P.S. Nick cage plays Charlie Kaufman and his identical twin. I think I need to watch this again tonight.

'adaptation.' is one of my all time favorites

Your assignment after Adaptation is The American Astronaut. We'll regroup after that. I only request that you go into it without any research or expectations.

poster.jpg

Also, it'd be a good idea to be significantly under the influence of whatever you have handy for The American Astronaut.

americanastronautcap.jpg

well that goes without saying

MrX
Your assignment after Adaptation is The American Astronaut. We'll regroup after that. I only request that you go into it without any research or expectations.

Yes....agreed.

Can I have an assignment too?

MrX
Well, get on it! It has Nick Cage, hard-core drug use, orchids, car crashes, an alligator attack, and Nick Cage. You're gonna love it.

P.S. Nick cage plays Charlie Kaufman and his identical twin. I think I need to watch this again tonight.

I saw Adaptation a long time ago and I don't remember a single thing about it other than Nick Cage's hair. This was before I was introduced to the wonderful world of drugs; back when I didn't have the ability to think much beyond getting my Christmas shopping done in July and baking cookies for the neighbors. This may come as a surprise to some, but just 6 years ago, I was heavily involved in the vocal ministry of a large Evangelical church. For the most part, I was straight-laced, family oriented...and completely miserable.

Mr X are you saying I should be sure to be tripping when watching this? Will it make my skull deflate? OMG if I did that for Synechdote, I would've been in some serious troubles!

MrX

Blockbuster doesn't have The American Astronaut. How gay. Is it worth buying?

I liked Bug.

Mr X are you saying I should be sure to be tripping when watching this? Will it make my skull deflate? OMG if I did that for Synechdote, I would've been in some serious troubles!

For The American Astronaut, yes, tripping would be recommended. It's not skull-deflating. It's just unique. Let it wash over you.

Blockbuster doesn't have The American Astronaut. How gay. Is it worth buying?

That depends entirely on your tastes. I don't feel confident saying "yes."

Maybe I can get a hold of it and share it somewhere.