Movies discussion - 5/17/10

• Start date
  • Replies 204 Comments
  • Views 12,941 Views
damn Juror now Robben got hurt too? Every damn day a good player is getting hurt before the Cup even starts.

Matty, quit fucking around and get to the important business of grading Guru picks.

Don't force me to open movie threads to find your happy ass.:bat:

Ok. I saw Synecdoche tonight. I have to say that it was actually uplifting for me as odd as that may sound - even though I wanted to turn it off in the middle just because it seemed to be spinning its wheels forever. My favorite line was near the end when the lady plays him, she directs the cast, and the priest wraps it all up tightly by saying, "Fuck everyone." That may come as a surprise to most but it was my favorite part. I wasn't overly pleased with the movie just because it really is like a Rohrshak in that it didn't make any real statements. Everyone already interprets shit (existentialism et al.) their own way. Who cares? Really what annoyed me most was the voice in his ear at the end. It was like God directing his will. Gay. The thing that I really took from it and the reason that I found it motivating is that throughout the movie, he seems to be trying to come to grips with his past. His life became one giant pile of regret before it passed him by. If anything, I think that's the most important lesson in life. Think and act forward. Learn from the past but don't dwell on it.

I downloaded it tonight and it is tied on my next movie to watch list with the Human Centipede.

One time me and a friend were on a train from spain to france. It was a four passenger cabin but there was only one other person, this old man 70+ years old. The sir was born in El Paso but had been living in Spain for 40 some years, and since I've had a mild american past we hit it off right away in spanish and english, us three talked all after noon into the night until they came to pull the beds down. Recalling the late Franco-years and other stories. He said something I'll never forget, "leap forward to absurdity". Man I liked that old man. When we reached the gare in the morning he bought me coffee and a panino and said good bye.

Did he know that you kill people for a living?

:3stooges:

If anyone believes that you kill people for a living solely based on what I have posted on an internet forum, that would be just as silly as people believing that tacomax wears girl pants.

Do not kill me this weekend.

k, thx

Juror - did you kill the old man after he bought you a coffee and panino? Honest answer, please.