Movies discussion - 3/15/10

• Start date
  • Replies 65 Comments
  • Views 4,090 Views
I saw Slumdog Millionaire this week on HBO. I thought it was pretty good. The whole concept of the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" thing really didn't need to be in there. In fact, it was a bit cheesy. They could have used something a little more timeless and plausible as a plot derivative, especially with his detention in what seemed to be an entirely corrupt political setting. I did enjoy it, however.

I also saw Marley & Me which was a very good movie. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting out of an Owen Wilson/Jennifer Aniston film. It was a very touching story and hit close to home. I've had dogs my entire life and I've been through those same emotions (even though I would have trained the dog quite a bit better).

Wasn't Marley & Me awesome?

I thought the same thing. Always knew it was a big Holidays release, and all the ads showed the doggy in silly situations, and starring Wilson and Anniston..I really was not interested.

Then I rented it way later, and had a lump in my throat the size of Ghana.

But not only that, I was also interested in the story of the family as they dealt with life's challenges. Completely shocked me.

I just wish I saw it in the theater so I could've seen all the kids and moms bawling their eyes out. Oh man.

Marley and me is sad...makes me tear up everytime i see it and it is on a lot on HBO.

Just watched the remake of 'Last House on the Left'.

Everything you could hope for in a movie loaded with really really really graphic violence, disturbing rape scenes and beautiful mountainous scenery.

Actually if I didn't know any better, I would guess that description was actually for 'Buckle Up: The Rogue Scholar Story.' Kidding buddy.

:moped:

Buckle Up: The Rogue Scholar Story??? That is so wrong, lol!

I really liked Gamer and I hate video games. It just makes me really, really sad knowing that technology will continue advancing and I won't be around to see it.

Couples Resort. Absolutely dreadful.

The Box, terrible. I kept waiting for it to go somewhere and it would start, but take three steps backward. So with the guy with the melted face a messenger from God? Or does God = Aliens? I'd imagine it had a spiritual message due to the fact they referenced the afterlife.

Watched more of Sarah Silverman, Season II. I think she is my favoritest person in the world.

Just watched the remake of 'Last House on the Left'.

Everything you could hope for in a movie loaded with really really really graphic violence, disturbing rape scenes and beautiful mountainous scenery.

Actually if I didn't know any better, I would guess that description was actually for 'Buckle Up: The Rogue Scholar Story.' Kidding buddy.

:moped:

Oh shit...I watched this the other night too. I forgot about it until you just mentioned it because it was right before bed. Man that girl that got raped was hot....

sara-paxton-picture-4.jpg

That's not a very good picture of her, Amby. She was much cuter in the movie.

The Box, terrible. I kept waiting for it to go somewhere and it would start, but take three steps backward. So with the guy with the melted face a messenger from God? Or does God = Aliens? I'd imagine it had a spiritual message due to the fact they referenced the afterlife.

I think it had to be Aliens but the Aliens also wanted to gauge how much people bought into the afterlife. I think that is what i gathered from it. My guess was that the aliens wanted to gauge also if this was a place in which they could actually come and "use" by doing the experiment.

Amby where is she in that picture? Does she realize that she's about to get raped again by a bunch of rappers and Tom Arnold?!?!!!?!?

That's not a very good picture of her, Amby. She was much cuter in the movie.

I think you only thought that because she was getting raped.

All women are cuter when they are having sex forced upon them and they struggle like they don't want it.

Sincerely,
Plommer

I think you only thought that because she was getting raped.

All women are cuter when they are having sex forced upon them and they struggle like they don't want it.

Sincerely,
Plommer

I actually think she looks better in that picture than in the movie.....:dunno:

I think it had to be Aliens but the Aliens also wanted to gauge how much people bought into the afterlife. I think that is what i gathered from it. My guess was that the aliens wanted to gauge also if this was a place in which they could actually come and "use" by doing the experiment.

Whatever the reasoning, it wasn't significant enough for me to feel moved. Why the drones? Why didn't anyone else notice them? What was up with the map of the world with all of the flipping numbers? What was up with the three watery portals? Why use a swimming pool as a portal? Did they even realize that a million dollars in the 70's was unobtainable? Why did she wake up with her husband floating above her in a cube of water? Why did they take his handcuffs off in the house before he walked out?

So many unanswered questions but I really didn't care enough to think about the answers, if there were any.

Whatever the reasoning, it wasn't significant enough for me to feel moved. Why the drones? Why didn't anyone else notice them? What was up with the map of the world with all of the flipping numbers? What was up with the three watery portals? Why use a swimming pool as a portal? Did they even realize that a million dollars in the 70's was unobtainable? Why did she wake up with her husband floating above her in a cube of water? Why did they take his handcuffs off in the house before he walked out?

So many unanswered questions but I really didn't care enough to think about the answers, if there were any.

Oh I agree...I can almost think about some of that stuff if you remove the whole library, portal, floating cube of water thing....

Of all the scenes in the entire movie that one made the least sense to me.