Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,258 Views
Netflix documentary LA 92

9 out of 10 Trons

Very in depth look at LA riots

I tried the HBO show Barry. The premise seemed like it could go to some darkly humorous places - burned out hit man from Cleveland goes to L.A. and gets caught up in the theatre arts scene.

I like the half-hour comedy format. I like Bill Hader. I like Stephen Root. The girl is cute.

But I'm out after 2.5 episodes. It's just not funny.

Sneaky Pete continues to deliver, getting ready to binge season 2.

Highly recommended.

Going to be doing Ozark as well, which I'm sure will turn into a binge.

If you're still talking about Ozark, fwiw I rated it 5.2 out of 10. It passed some time but I wouldn't call it good. It's just a long series of contrived plot points that get increasingly eye-rollable as it goes along.

I believe they are doing a season 2 but I won't bother with it.

Ozark S1 was a solid 7.8 out of 10 for me. Not exactly top-shelf stuff but Bateman's stoic performance is entertaining.

Ozark S1 was a solid 7.8 out of 10 for me. Not exactly top-shelf stuff but Bateman's stoic performance is entertaining.

Definitely at least 7.5 Trons out of 10. Without Bateman it’s likely a 5.

My old lady forced me to watch a show for the first time, since all her friends were raving about it.

We power watched 36 hours of-- This Is Us.

I consider that a 5.2 show.

My old lady forced me to watch a show for the first time, since all her friends were raving about it.

We power watched 36 hours of-- This Is Us.

I consider that a 5.2 show.

Wife loves that shit. My gayTVdar made me look away after 30 seconds of S01E01. :dontthinkso:

In anticipation of the new season of Westworld, I watched the finale of season 1.

There was some shit going on there.

One Mississippi

A bit surprised it got cancelled after 2 seasons

I think I’m a lesbian

Ozark rating is down to 8 for now. Still very good but yeah

there was a recent plot twist that could have been discussed instead of right up on the screen and shit.

There is yet another movie from the Marvel universe now out in theatres. Avengers: Infinity War.

In case you are wondering who is in it:

I kinda feel like Westworld is painting itself into a corner.

So I've been watching Rellik - which is a 6 part BBC mini-series. Here's the problem (well, one of a few problems.)

They are doing it in the format of the movie Memento. It starts with a climactic ending then goes back in time incrementally. (Rellik is killer spelled backwards. Get it?)

The thing about Memento though was it's a movie. So all the stuff you view is fairly easy to relate to the big picture - because everything that has happened you have seen in the last 2 hours.

But Rellik is a 6 part mini-series. So we are faced with trying to relate what we just saw to stuff we saw 4 weeks ago (and 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks yada yada.) I'm not terrible at retaining stuff but I'm just saying, it's a bit much.