Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 935,264 Views
Tron, do you watch Bloodline?

I stuck with it 3 seasons.

Bad show.

On to Sneaky Pete and Mozart in the Jungle.

I liked Bloodline. There were some weak episodes. The Danny character was interesting.

Yeah I suppose I stuck with it for a reason. Those weak episodes really brought it down.

Watched the movie Personal Shopper. It's an unusual movie but I don't want to get into an in-depth analysis of that just now. Suffice to say I landed a hair on the thumbs-down side - 4.9 out of 10. Whatever.

What I wanted to say was, Kristen Stewart is in every scene and, my god, she is hella good.

I don't know. I tried episode 1 and decided no thanks.

Wasn't awful but the presentation was pretty dry.

Maybe if I start hearing a lot of buzz about it I'll give it more of a chance.

Watched the movie Personal Shopper. It's an unusual movie but I don't want to get into an in-depth analysis of that just now. Suffice to say I landed a hair on the thumbs-down side - 4.9 out of 10. Whatever.

What I wanted to say was, Kristen Stewart is in every scene and, my god, she is hella good.

Looks pretty good nekkid too.

iu

So season 1 of The Chi is over and I'm calling it a pretty big success. It really grew on me as the season went on.

It's like The Wire lite. It ain't The Wire but it has elements. Not just because they got chicky-poo from The Wire but just stuff.

One thing that really struck me: outstanding casting. Seems like every character has the perfect actor for the role. From the kids to the guise to the gangstas to the wimmins to the peripheral cousins and whatnot. Everybody works.

Good show. Looking forward to season 2.

Also, the 2nd season of American Crime Story has finished. That was the oddly-titled, The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

It was not even a shadow of season 1 which was the OJ thing. While there were some fascinating surface elements to it, it became quickly apparent they did not have enough substance to fill ~9 hours of TV. So much was filler. Shruggable background information going on and on.

I see that seasons 3 and 4 are already listed on imdb. This is the info on wiki:

The series is broadcast on the cable television channel FX in the United States. It premiered on February 2, 2016.[2][3][4] A third season, based on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and a fourth season, based on the Clinton–Lewinsky scandal, are in development

:dunno:

Poll:

Should we binge watch Mozart in the Jungle

Or

Sneaky Pete

I haven’t seen either of those, BlittayDuece.

I have seen some Mozart in the Jungle. As far as binge material, I would rather go for the complete unknown behind door #2.

Gotcha.

Sounds like 3 seasons of Mozart could be a possible time warp that I willl regret.

Ehh, I dunno. MitJ is not horrible. I watched quite a few episode.

It's one of those things. I liked it okay for awhile - but it got to a point where I just couldn't take any more. I might have lasted a season and a half which is more than I last with your average unknown behind door #2.

Biggest problem for me is the lead chick. Weak actress, not particularly attractive or charismatic. Super-bizarre (bad) casting choice to my way of thinking.

gotta say, looking forward to the new Roseanne. Not that I expect it to be a great show, but looks like most of the actors are back and looking decent. Curious to see how it goes

Yap. Kicks off tonight. I just programmed my thing to record it.

It was okay. It had its moments and a few laughs.

The acting was all over the place. Some of it was fine but Becky was conspicuously bad and actually Jackie - Laurie Metcalf - who is coming off an Oscar nomination - was kinda bad too. Maybe trying too hard.

No final verdict from me yet. I'll try another couple episodes at least.