Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 934,117 Views
Evil Genius on Netflix

8 out of 10 Trons

I’m 3 episodes in.

Documentary on the most bizarre bank robbery ever.

Yeah that was super bizarre. I was still living in western pa at that time. about 50 miles from where that took place. Took Peach st. all the time when we went up to Erie to visit Presque Isle state park.

I had forgotten all about it. prob because I moved to Chicago shortly afterwards and way before anything got solved

Here was the problem with trying to bring in a new TV show for My Jenny and I to discover and explore together. I should have realized.

She doesn't really watch things. Like the show will be on - and she will get up to do something - floss or gather up the dirty dishes or whatever - and I will naturally go to pause the show - but she will say, "No don't pause it. I don't care. Keep watching."

When I watch things, I watch things - like I watch the whole thing - but she is never fully in it like me. It's not that she doesn't like the show but it is not in her nature to really care. She'll pick it up later. Whatever. She will do that with movies too. Just walk out and come back at any old later point.

My ex was like that too.

When we're watching stuff, we're not really doing the same thing.

My old lady used to do the same thing. It is very annoying for some reason. After I scolded her, she hasn’t been doing it as much. Still plays around with the phone a bit, but I let that pass.

When I start playing with my phone mid-show, it means I’ve given up on said show. I’m afraid Westworld hit that threshold recently.

But yeah tons of people never actually watch TV, they put it on and sometimes glance at it. Audiovisual decoration. Bugs the fok out of me. Put on the radio if you’re so afraid of silence.

I like background tv on a lot of the time. But choose either news, travel/food network, or reality garbage.

I found episode 1 of Killing Eve to be pretty good. I was absorbed. I'll try another episode or two at least.

The new season of Westworld, I am not loving.

This show One Strange Rock is a notch below what I hoped. I mean, it's okay. It's Sciency. It's National Geographic. That is almost always going to work for me to an extent.

It is directed by Darren Aranofsky - which is neither good nor bad - there is no real sign of him as I know him from his movies - I just find it weird and felt like mentioning it.

But no, it's okay. They just try a little too hard to say, like, ooh you must be so freaked out by what we're telling you right now.

They have this conceit that having these astronauts who spent X amount of time in space makes them more qualified to talk about terrestrial stuff. That whole thing is not really coming together for me. I mean they all seem like decent enough people but I dunno. It's like, ooh, they got up there and it was really pretty - there's a lot of water - which is blue - you can see from the lights at night where settlements of humans are. Ooh. So I'm an expert on evolution.

:dunno:

But it's okay.

When I start playing with my phone mid-show, it means I’ve given up on said show. I’m afraid Westworld hit that threshold recently.

But yeah tons of people never actually watch TV, they put it on and sometimes glance at it. Audiovisual decoration. Bugs the fok out of me. Put on the radio if you’re so afraid of silence.

My wife doesn't know some commercials and it bothers me. I'm not taking about commercials that I've seen once or twice I'm talking about commercials we've seen every night for 3 years (like those on a baseball broadcast). I reference these and she has no idea what I'm talking about. Kills me.

I hear there is going to be a new Bill and Ted movie. I don't know how life-changing that will be for Keanu Reeves but it has to be the news of the millenium for this guy

iu

4A27E6FA00000578-0-image-m-12_1520958843886.jpg

I had a friend of mine and I said, "Mischa, tell me something. I know it's gonna be a strange question. Is this possible to buy a military submarine - used one?"

And he said, "What a question. Let me check."

He called me in 2 days and he asked me, "Do you want the submarine with missiles or without missiles?"

I attempted to kind of watch Westworld while doing something else. They must have caught on because they decided to use subtitles. Jerks.

:facepalm:

‘Roseanne’ Canceled by ABC After Roseanne Barr’s ‘Repugnant’ Comments

yep, pretty amazing. We don't make bad jokes referencing "coloreds", we bomb and exploit them like civilized people.

...multiple people are even calling her comments "abhorrent"

:facepalm:

Roseanne Barr blames Ambien: 'I'm not a racist, just an idiot'

Then she retweeted more Planet of the Apes comparisons. She’s a fucking loon. :rofl: