Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 938,647 Views
Wow ..... surprised by Night Country's last episode being tonight. Thinking there would be more to it. IMO lackluster ending definitely tarnished the shine it once had for us.
See my mind doesn't comprehend these complicated movie plots. Not to give anything away but MrsM told me just now about a hidden (for me it is) meaning about the show that might make it more appealing than it was for you.
This is one reason why I need Muddy back here. :mudcat:

Haven't figured out any reasons we need Reno back here, but when I do will let everyone know. :poke:*

*in absentia

New season of Amy Schumer /Michael Cera show

pretty decently decent

I often play chess or surf the web while watching movies/series ,I have the attention span of a monkey.So I read the synopsis some of the shows I watch

New season of Amy Schumer /Michael Cera show

pretty decently decent
Michael Cera I like.

I’ll only watch Amy Schumer if the plot is her dying inventive deaths every episode

Signed up with the Disney channel specifically to watch The Bear.Four episodes in,good show.Never worked in a restaurant but spent most of my working life in a kitchen.

Oh wow you need Disney to watch The Bear? No dice for me then. I refuse to have 6 subscriptions so I can be a TV show viewer

Yup,Disney was not included in my cable provider’s package.I did get to watch NFL playoffs games that were on Peacock for free though.
Cable and high speed internet cost 175.00 a month here

The cable crooks here ,bundle everything ,so Hulu is only available with Disney +.We only have two cable/internet providers here,Shaw/Rogers and Telus,so there is collusion to keep the prices high

IMG_0630.png

Watched the first episode of 1883 last night, the first of two prequels to Yellowstone. The writing is a bit shit like in Yellowstone but everything else is good - it's visually beautiful and Tim McGraw and Sam Elliott are great in their roles. Young chickypoo who plays Elsa Dutton is also excellent despite the cringey lines she's asked to deliver. Will keep watching.

Aight, 4 episodes in. Tim McGraw is actually amazing in this. Who knew he could act.

Watched the first episode of 1883 last night, the first of two prequels to Yellowstone. The writing is a bit shit like in Yellowstone but everything else is good - it's visually beautiful and Tim McGraw and Sam Elliott are great in their roles. Young chickypoo who plays Elsa Dutton is also excellent despite the cringey lines she's asked to deliver. Will keep watching.
Mattyballs, I respect all your TV/film recs

If I’ve never watched Yellowstone, is it worth it and if yes, should I watch 1883 first?

Woke up this morning and decided to put on the most underrated sports movie of all time

Vision Quest checks all the marks in that genre. Amazing soundtrack. Underdog story. Smoking hot female character (80s Linda Fiorentino) Madonna cameo. Just a killer high school wrestling movie. If Hoosiers was a wrestling movie, this would be it.

I have this in my Top Five Sports Movies Of All Time

1. Hoosiers
2. Rocky
3. The Natural
4. Slap Shot
5. Vision Quest

Also here is the link to the Top 30 sports movies per Rolling Stone. Their list is SO awful, it reminds me Rolling Stone is the biggest POS magazine still around.