Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 938,606 Views
Mattyballs, I respect all your TV/film recs

If I’ve never watched Yellowstone, is it worth it and if yes, should I watch 1883 first?
I enjoyed Yellowstone. It started getting a bit repetitive after 3 seasons so I haven"t finished it, but I probably will now that I got hooked on the prequels (1923 looks mighty promising with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren as the leads.)

I don't think the viewing order really matters but if you plan on giving all of it a try I would watch Yellowstone first. 1883 is meant to be the origin story of Yellowstone. It very much stands on its own though.

Even wifey, who is a bit on the woke end of the spectrum, is enjoying this stuff. It's hard to know how much revisionism and whitewashing is built into these modern Westerns - ultimately, my view is that it's best to take them as silly soap operas set in complex times. The acting is splendid and the women are gorgeous. Enjoy.

I watched them all when first came out.

The scenery was always what kept me coming back.

Last season of Curb your Enthusiasm is on,watched all 4 episodes so far,only one I found funny was episode 2.

Larry’s fake addict GF cracks me up. Also Suzy is always good.

Chanelling @Mudcat we just finished Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I dug it, much more like TNG and Voyager (2 of my faves) than other Star Trek offerings of late. Quirky almost campy and not over the top with Sci fi. Plus a bunch of hot chicks and dudes.

The acting is awful so far in 1923. WTF is this shit. Why does Harrison Ford suck?

magic

The acting is awful so far in 1923. WTF is this shit. Why does Harrison Ford suck?
Alright, first episode was quite rough but I gave it a second chance and episodes 2 and 3 were much better. Harrison Ford took a full episode and a half to settle into his character.

We soldier on. 🐎🌄

Sydney Sweeney is hosting SNL later tonight. I'm already hard.

are you watching the Hannah Gutiérrez trial?

:popcorn
NO!
Rather wait for Baldwin to be found guilty and then immediately get hanged outside in the yard ..... just for supposedly not being a NICE person! Just sayin!

Waiting to see Dune 2 in IMAX 70mm shortly. I'm excite, very excite.