Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 936,227 Views
I saw the rest of Griselda, -- no ratings

Not worthy of the Matty Rains

Historically inaccurate :thumbsdown:

Stories jumping without sequence, no idea of who the characters are and why they are important, betrayal arcs without reasons, seemed like Sofia got her sitcom friends to come for the free netflix money grab, we take our Colombian lore seriously here and this is unacceptable

How does that franchise compare to Star Wars?
It's more cerebral and slower paced in general. Very similar themes otherwise, family drama and political shenanigans. Just a lot sandier and with bigger creatures.

Go see the IMAX 70mm version of Dune 2 and sit towards the back if you can. The immersiveness is incredible. The sound is incredible. Watching it on TV is going to be a diminished experience. I wish I'd seen the first one in a theater.

8.8 Blue-Eyed Bene Gesserits out of a possible 10

Waiting to see Dune 2 in IMAX 70mm shortly. I'm excite, very excite.
I saw it yesterday. After reading the reviews I was preparing myself for the best film I’ve seen this decade.

It wasn’t. It was slightly better than the first one a few years ago.

The guy who played Elvis (Austin something) does a phenomenal job playing a great villian. Javier Bardem has a very solid performance as well. The Zendaya chick just doesn’t do it for me. Timothy Chalamet is quite good.

The story, though. It’s got issues

I find the whole controlling riding the sand worms thing extremely eye-rolly

7 Trons

*6 Trons if you watch it at home.

There is an austere dryness to the whole franchise, but I still find it riveting. I even enjoyed the maligned 1984 original, with a ripped Sting as Feyd the vilain.
1984 dune ripped sting

For any fans of Billions this is what they "drink" in that room they go to to sip bourbon neat

IMG_6067.jpeg

I watched a shitty cam version of Civil War this morning. Holy shit, I was not expecting that. It's graphic af. Not a pleasant watch one bit.

I don't even know what to rate it, or whether I should recommend it.

It's intense.

I watched a shitty cam version of Civil War this morning. Holy shit, I was not expecting that. It's graphic af. Not a pleasant watch one bit.

I don't even know what to rate it, or whether I should recommend it.

It's intense.
It's getting very good reviews. I wasn't expecting that. I will go watch it.

My son and I saw the trailer before seeing the latest Ghostbusters. Turns out that the trailer was quite misleading.

There is an austere dryness to the whole franchise, but I still find it riveting. I even enjoyed the maligned 1984 original, with a ripped Sting as Feyd the vilain.
1984 dune ripped sting
I'm completely obsessed with the Dune world. I watched 3 versions of the original movie over the last month, then I rewatched 2021's Part 1 twice, saw Part 2 in Imax twice and then once more at home. Currently reading/listening to the novel while working out.

There is a 3-hour, fan-edited 4K version of the David Lynch movie on YouTube - I absolutely love this movie, even with its cheesy vfx. It has a gorgeous, classic graphic novel vibe to it:

If Tina Sinatra (Frank's daughter) gives the green light, Leonardo DiCaprio will play Frank in a film directed by Martin Scorcese. Jennifer Lawrence will star as Franks mistress.

This APPEARS to have potential