Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 945,339 Views
Didn't know until now Last Comic Standing is back and they've switched it up a little, auditions more of a Voice format than an Idol format.

Fallback scenario there too of putting it on mute and whacking off to roseanne if it's not good. Talk about a can't miss.

The guy who plays The Mountain in GoT is actually a ginormous human being.

ujp9znm.png

No trickery. 6'9", 420 pounds of hairy Icelandic meat. That's like 4 Tyrions.

ya, guy dead lifts around 1000lbs...

Episode 1 of Halt and Catch Fire --> interesting. Ima keep going with it.

Game of Thrones is awesome. Show just keeps getting better. Boardwalk Empire is good. Into season 3 now and still interesting, although I do not consider it an all-time great show. Fargo is doing it for me in the way I expected it would, hard to top Lester banging Mrs. Hess while ole Sam's looking on from the picture on the bedroom wall. Guy is really turning into a devious fella, eh?

Didn't get to see that tech show but maybe I'll try it out. Nothing can be worse than Turn was.

Oh I did try watching The Wire but turned it off after 30 minutes of the first episode. I assume it got better than that, but I had no patience for it. True Detective is pretty much the only cop show I've ever liked, and that was not your typical cop show.

30 minutes doesn't give the wire justice..

I'm sure it doesn't.

I just thought I'd mention that I tried it out, I may give it another go some other time but not right now.

First episode of The Wire is unusually slow. They tried to soak the viewer into McNulty's world right off the bat but it fell flat IMO.

We did that the other day and felt pretty much the same way. Been a long time since I watched the whole series but I know the payoff is there. It's just so old it's tough.

Digging the new Last Comic Standing. Sure it's low budget (for NBC) and very much feels that way, but it's not like how it used to be with all the filler - just performance, judging, and then you quickly see who goes through, no bs. If you have a deeper interest in stand up it's very much recommended. I hope it sticks.

Glad you're asking him cuz I ain't got no kinda clue.

Yeah Matty and Ray know what I like, I consult them for everything English spoken.

I don't know man. I usually dislike fantasy but that shit managed to grab me. I did have to put in a little effort, which was facilitated by the fact that the woman is a hugh fan of the books.

I don't know man. I say give it a try.

BTW GoT's beginnings are also slow. First episode bored me solid.

Watched the show Modern Family last night. Jenny was over and she wanted to put it on.

I did not find it to be good in any way.

Common, Phil Dunphy's hilarious.

I saw it when it first started out (also due to Jenny) and was startled at what the kids have turned into. I guess it's been like 6 or 7 years.

Bunch of terrible-acting eyesores, those kids.

The boy is especially awful. I still find him hilarious.

I actually had to ask about the boy. I thought he was some new character. The kid I remembered didn't look like that and I remember him being borderline retarded. This kid/character was reasonably quick-on-the-draw.

But apparently it is the same kid.

Now that I think about it, we may not be talking about the same boy. There are two boys and neither seems on a path to the next Daniel Day-Lewis.