More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,233 Views
I gotta tell you what my employers did. Buncha manics.

I posted how the company was approaching the $5 billion sales mark for the year. We passed it early this week.

They soon started setting up a special assembly for Friday.

History records that the first time we passed the 1 billion mark, everyone got a hundred dollars. Then at 3 billion, 3 hundred. So we were all thinking those crazy whack-a-doodles might float an extra five hundred our way.

They gave every person in the company 5 THOUSAND dollars. Even guys that have only been there a month ---> BOOM! - 5 thou.

Buncha crazy kids.

...and they are expecting these people to come back to work the next day? They'd a been looking for me at the track

Just to tie a ribbon on the saga of the bonus, I am now seeing the direct deposit in my bank account. $2854.

That's what happens to 5K. Taxes yo.

I don’t know what TGF is.

I feel dumb.

I gotta tell you what my employers did. Buncha manics.

I posted how the company was approaching the $5 billion sales mark for the year. We passed it early this week.

They soon started setting up a special assembly for Friday.

History records that the first time we passed the 1 billion mark, everyone got a hundred dollars. Then at 3 billion, 3 hundred. So we were all thinking those crazy whack-a-doodles might float an extra five hundred our way.

They gave every person in the company 5 THOUSAND dollars. Even guys that have only been there a month ---> BOOM! - 5 thou.

Buncha crazy kids.

wow

respect for your company

you gonna save the 2ish K or get a treat for yourself and or fam?

maybe a fresh pineapple?

$31 million, they doled out altogether for that. But then this Friday we get our regular profit-sharing which is another ~$5200 for those who are eligible. And then the next Friday we get our performance bonuses.

Good times. My old job, we got a $50 Walmart gift card for Christmas. This job is better.

I'm not treating myself to anything. I'm putting a chunk in my RRSP and the rest will just sit in Savings. I've got dental surgery going on and I'm always wondering when my car will need replacing or there will be some kind of major thing. I like to have a float.

Your bonuses are insane, man. Good for you.

My poker room will give me $500 for being in the top 100 most hours amongst their players for December so I appreciate that very much. So, Muddy wins quite decisively monetarily BUT -

I don't have to do any actual work.

You cannot put a price on freedom.

Love it or hate it, Muddys good fortune has more to do with the booming US economy and those that have driven it... just saying.

So can I tell you what my whacky employers have done now?

I know I already talked about the out-of-the-blue-5-grand-to-everyone affair.

So here's the latest. I had my yearly review a couple weeks ago and I got called in yesterday for the follow-up where we are told our raise and performance bonus.

The way it has always worked, I already knew my raise. I got 4.1 on my review which means a 4.1% raise. Great.

But they didn't do that. No, they gave me an 18.5% raise. Just BOOM without me asking. Like, holy fuck.

Seriously, as excited as we all were about getting the big 5K lump sum - lump sums are fun - this thing, if I work there and compound till I retire as planned, probably translates to a quarter million dollars. Just, here you go.

And my performance bonus went up 63% from last year.

Man did I ever get into this place at the right time.