More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 299,052 Views
I always feel like tats occur in inverse proportion to self-esteem. The crappier someone feels about themselves, the more tats.

I have no hard data - it's just a theory of mine based on long-term observation.

Does that apply to not wanting them when hiring in a workplace? Yeah kinda. If you are trying to run a company, you'd rather avoid bringing in people who are bundles of issues, as indicated by a preponderance of tats, as much as possible.

No idea if that is part of the thinking though.

I have my theories.

I'm confused why tats are big concern in a warehouse. Would make more sense if you were dealing with clients/customers.

I'm confused why tats are big concern in a warehouse. Would make more sense if you were dealing with clients/customers.

I was speaking about this to Jenny, whose career was in HR and has had some direct dealings with this question, and apparently my theory is exactly right (not that I had any doubt). It has been studied and scientifically proven.

There is a direct correlation between tattoos and being a major bundle of issues if not indeed being a ne'er-do-well if not indeed honking upon bobo.

You don't want that shit in your warehouse. Let those guise go work at self-serve gas stations.

In closing let me just say

Jenny Jenny bo benny
Banana fana fo fenny

That is all

So what are you waiting for?

Dealer dealer bo bealer
Banana fana fo feeler
Fee fi mo meeler
Dealer!

Need I say more?

I got friend zoned brah, she's easily a 9 and I'm a 6.5.

It's cool though Muddster she's a cool friend to chit chat with and doesn't seem to mind me blatantly fantasizing about her as we talk, in fact I think she encourages it.

I'll probably just bareback someone else and think of her, ya know. Pretty sure that's what Bread would do.

I think you meant to say full-serve gas stations.

No need for any tatted up grease monkeys at the self-serve ones.

That's not what I meant but okay.

I'll say this: I am fully supportive of the anti-tat policy of my new employer. Go back about two months in this thread and you will see where I had a week of planned vacation screwed up at the last minute because idiot kid was suddenly feeling too delicate to come to work.

Just out of the blue, a few days before my vacation was set to start ---> he couldn't do it. Couldn't work. Wasn't sure when he'd be back. Too delicate.

th

So I had to rearrange my life.

Idiot kid was a typical tat guy in my experience. Bundle of issues that other people end up having to deal with.

As little of that shit as possible ---> good by me.

:lmao: at tats from 30 years ago when you turn 60 and that cool album cover or whatever now looks like a melted crayon. Dying.

Just like you.

Here's a question.

In filling out the tax set-up forms heading into a new job, you are allowed to enter an amount of extra tax to be deducted, basically so you are assured of a bit of a refund at tax time. Obviously it's not really a bonus - because you are paying extra on every pay - but it would kind of feel like one I guess.

Theory being that you would hardly miss the 20 bucks a week (or whatever) - but voila, at tax time, a thousand bucks coming your way.

But then a financial wiz would probably say, no, take that 20 bucks a week and do something interesting with it - like put it in something where he can keep a percentage.

So I'm a cynic too. We have established that.

Just wondering what people do for that. Do we even have anyone here in a position where that comes up? Not sure we do. Who are you people?

Well I am open to thoughts.

I've always had an extra 50 bucks deducted every paycheck. It's money I would otherwise spend on something frivolous anyway. Totally felt like a 1,300 bonus come tax time.

Using the past tense 'cause I'm not currently pulling a salary.

I got friend zoned brah, she's easily a 9 and I'm a 6.5.

It's cool though Muddster she's a cool friend to chit chat with and doesn't seem to mind me blatantly fantasizing about her as we talk, in fact I think she encourages it.

I'll probably just bareback someone else and think of her, ya know. Pretty sure that's what Bread would do.

That is exactly what Bread would do..... Seems reasonable to me.