More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 301,365 Views
Well that certainly sounds very neat and tidy but so far I'm getting shuffled around and ending up at voice mailboxes.

I left a voice mail at one so we'll see if there is any response by the end of the day and if not, try something else.

Well that certainly sounds very neat and tidy but so far I'm getting shuffled around and ending up at voice mailboxes.

I left a voice mail at one so we'll see if there is any response by the end of the day and if not, try something else.

Wow, these guys are assholes. Can you still go to the job you originally left your job for?

I'm not sure of the roles of the different people in high schools in Canada (they have different titles in various states down here). It seems as though there should be a registrar/clerk that would be able to help you. I wonder if there is a website that you can request a certificate/diploma?

Wow, these guys are assholes. Can you still go to the job you originally left your job for?

:laugh: I almost guarantee I could.

Not sure you are fully understanding the situation. My current job - let's call it job #2 - this is the job I left job #1 for a week and a half ago - I'm fine. I'm in.

What happened though is after accepting job #2, I got a surprise call by job #3 - which, good as job #2 is, job #3 blows it out of the water. And I proceeded successfully through their selection process.

And now job #3 is the one now doing these reference checks including high school info.

As I mentioned before, job #2 also wanted proof of being a high school grad - however they just asked for the name of the school and the year of graduation - then they did the investigatin'.

But as far as going back to job #1, they would definitely take me back but I'd kinda rather stick needles in my eyes. Job #2 is the worst case scenario - and I am seeing more and more every day that I could be very happy and successful there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the roles of the different people in high schools in Canada (they have different titles in various states down here). It seems as though there should be a registrar/clerk that would be able to help you. I wonder if there is a website that you can request a certificate/diploma?

I had a message waiting for me when I got home that sounds like I have found the right person. Hopefully I can finalize all the arrangement with a phone call tomorrow morning. I believe she said she is a guidance counselor. :dunno:

One final piece of trivial information which I gleened in my travels: by law, Ontario schools maintain these records for 55 years.

So I qualify comfortably - but go ahead and make your super-old-person jokes, hooligans.

Groundwork as in yeah ok whatever nobody actually gives a fok?

Getting back to the subject of that guy, it basically looks like he has a big black girl booty on his front.

That's what it looks like.

That guy.

I had a message waiting for me when I got home that sounds like I have found the right person. Hopefully I can finalize all the arrangement with a phone call tomorrow morning. I believe she said she is a guidance counselor. :dunno:

See if you can get some 14th grade counseling too while you're at it, nothing like multitasking. You've been out of control for awhile now and maybe she can help you.

Though I doubt it.

One final piece of trivial information which I gleened in my travels: by law, Ontario schools maintain these records for 55 years.

So I qualify comfortably - but go ahead and make your super-old-person jokes, hooligans.

u so old that when u learned to write gleaned was spelled gleened

That's pretty fucking

OLD

Women outnumber men at my current workplace by a longshot. 3-1 maybe???

Ain't kidding neither.

It's crazy - the place is packed with beautiful, brilliant young women.

Wonderful.

You lucky motherfucker.

Well I could have as little as 1 day left working there so there's that.

Otherwise, I dunno. I'm way too old for all the prime specimens. It's nice to look at them but probably just frustrating ultimately. I'm like their dad's older friend.

Sometimes being surrounding by a bunch of dirtbag males ---> it's just easier.

Nah man. They got mothers and friends and shit.

Think of the big picture.

The style these days is obviously skintight pants. That's what the ladies are going with predominantly.

I have no problem with that - at all - not one bit - I'm good.

It does get dicey though with fat chix. Some of them clearly understand the disconnect there; they go with tent-like dresses or more modest coverings or whatever. But some of them - I guess they want to be stylish too - I'm sympathetic to the desire - they just want to be "in" - many of them are young and subject to feelings of peer pressure - it's a natural thing - so they go skintight too.

Despite their hugeness,

That can be problematic.

As an overweight guy who just worked out at Planet Fitness for the first time I'm telling you that you can say what you want out here but not at the planet, it's the NO JUDGMENT ZONE.

Yeah, well, yeah.

Sometimes it is hard not to think, chicky-poo, you put so much thought into your clothes - and also your hair is carefully and beautifully done - it must take no small effort every damn day - you obviously care about how you look.

I'm sorry but, you know, come on.