More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 301,783 Views
Matty what was the business you owned? For how long?

I can't have cubical talk with you anymore!

Wot do you mean?

Matty what was the business you owned? For how long?

Same thing I'm doing now, writing/localizing/conceptualizing/editing/publishing e-bullshit. Did it from 2008 'til I moved to Toronto in late 2010, so almost 3 years. It'll take a while before I make as much as I did back then but I don't care. I was stressed all the time.

kid44 is right, running your own shit doesn't come with breaks. You're "on" 24/7.

Oh I didn't know you owned your own deal, that's neat!

I notice there a lot of covers of songs that don't need to be covered, like Photograph.

That is CRAZEEEEE. I was just thinking about this today and was going to start a thread about songs that should not be covered. The inspiration was Van Halen's version of "You really got me" that was on the radio. It was like nails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry FW. jmo

IAG
That is CRAZEEEEE. I was just thinking about this today and was going to start a thread about songs that should not be covered. The inspiration was Van Halen's version of "You really got me" that was on the radio. It was like nails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry FW. jmo

Their version of Dancing in the Streets is worse.

Did FreeFall ever give you an answer, Matty? The bit coin stuff. Poor guy has entered into full PAWN mode.

Nah. Poor guy.

I think their version of Where Have All the Good Times Gone is pretty damn good. But I now see they've done too many cover tunes for a band of their stature :grin:

Couple things going on at work tomorrow. We are having a potluck. That's fine. My assignment was to bring whipped cream.

Sounds simple enough but I went to the store and I saw real whipped cream but I also saw Cool Whip. The CW was more expensive leading me to believe it is perhaps a more premium item so I got that.

But then I discussed it with my honeybun and she said I probably should get real whipped cream.

That makes sense too. The list I signed said "Whip Cream." The CW can says "Whipped Topping."

:dunno:

Looks like I am bringing both.

We are also doing a funky gift exchange thing called a Grinch Grab. There is a whole set of rules about it. I don't feel like typing it all out now. Anyway, I have a gift to bring so I am ready to do my part.

Should be a more fun, interesting Friday than just workin', I figger.

The correct answer was 'real whipped cream.'

If you really want to make it big, bring a whisk and some heavy whipping cream. And sugar. You need to win this potluck thing.

Yeah I'm glad I asked about the whipped cream. I gather the Cool Whip is akin to saying you will bring cheese and then bringing Kraft processed cheese food slices.

I know they aren't expecting me to actually make whipped cream. Like I remember discussing it with an organizer in my own clueless inept way at the time I signed up, and I clarified that what I needed was a couple of those cans where you press the spout sideways and stuff squirts out. I remember that discussion.

So I think I'm on solid ground here. While I probably will not make a max possible impression, I do not anticipate any kind of boondoggle.

That's all I really hope for in life anymore.

People would be so excited about home-made whipped cream.

And a boondoggle, should it happen, would be a lot of fun for us.

Cool Whip is to whipped cream as miracle whip is to mayonnaise.