More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,708 Comments
  • Views 299,316 Views
I'm getting a very strong vibe that a chick at work wants me. Not sure what to do about it yet.

I wonder if she has a bunch of money socked away.
What happened with this?

Who me? I don't know what to guess about her finances. She works a second job. She lives with her parents. Whatever that all means.

:dunno:

No but seriously man, we are very friendly and I do think she likes me but I am definitely not going to push it. No time right now even if I was interested. But I don't think I am.

There is another girl who has moved up as a much better candidate. She is single and my age and reasonably attractive. I would wager she has some interest. There are some negatives too but anyway all my spare time right now is going towards music so I am keeping it all at arm's length. Potential dating is way on the back burner.

Mudcat:

Attaboy! pal.

Why rush?
You're only 50 and there is plenty of time left to chase skirts, remember, as you hurl rapidly towards senior citizenship the pool of available ladies your age greatly increases. There will be many with $$$, don't settle for a broke broad.

You're welcome.

On the minus side, the girl that works full-time in that area has switched to Christmas mode. First day of December she started playing an all-Xmas Radio station.

Normally she plays country. I prefer the country.

Muddy I'm now employed full time at a company. I've gone in cold turkey from doing whatever I wanted all day to working 10-12 hours.

I'll see you at the finish.

Muddy I'm now employed full time at a company. I've gone in cold turkey from doing whatever I wanted all day to working 10-12 hours.

I'll see you at the finish.

WTF happened to your cryptofortune? How did you fok that up?

FF - What kind of company did you end up with? are they good peoples or just another runofthemill company?

FF we demand answers. To my questions first. Did you sell your LTC as you were mining them? How did you not make major bank?

FF - What kind of company did you end up with? are they good peoples or just another runofthemill company?

I'm at a startup, no surprise there, but yes the culture was a huge selling point for me. The leadership is all technical.

Well that's good, that's about the type of place you wanted to be wasn't it?

FreeFall I will add you to my prayers.

:scholar:

This all-Xmas radio station ---> weird fucking selction. It is a short rotation with a strange mix.

You get Jingle Bell Rock and Frosty the Snowman and White Christmas over and over. But there is weird shit thrown in.

There is a (terrible) Britney Spears song. A couple other completely heinous contemporary songs I had never heard before which I am now hearing every couple hours. I'm guessing one is Mariah Carey.

They got classic Mel Torme but then they got I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

Mr Santa (an adaption of Mr. Sandman).

Then they throw in Pachelbal's Canon - which is a lovely song which I didn't even know was related to Christmas.

Do They Know it's Christmas? - every day.

They take a couple respectable songs: Happy Xmas (War is Over) and 2000 Miles - but instead of having the original artists they have these dreadful covers.

Ugh.

I notice there a lot of covers of songs that don't need to be covered, like Photograph.

Also there seems to be one lady that does a lot of covers and is constantly getting played :dunno: No covertune artist should ever get that much play

The music guy in the other area is pretty big on covers. He has whole albums of nothing but covers. I can't complain about the music in the big picture but when he gets into his covers ---> dubious to me.

A lot of the time it seems like they just want credit for doing a cover of something you might not expect. Like maybe a punky version of something from The Sound of Music or a punky Rainbow Connection or whatever.

It's like, yeah, haha, that's a cute idea - now how about some good music?

I have worked for two companies, no problems at all, but was spoiled with owning my own business since high school. Put me through college and was very lucrative the years I was married. I just need to buckle up and get back to business, as I have had several surgeries the past 4 yrs and now getting healthy again. People think that owning a business is easy work, work from home, make bucu bucks, but you need to keep your mind in it at all times. never a day off when a customer comes calling.

Owning my own business was equal parts lucrative and miserable. Props to those who can handle the madness.