More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 301,829 Views
Cool Whip is to whipped cream as miracle whip is to mayonnaise.

I was in Kansas City recently, at the home of some relatives of sister's husband, when someone specifically asked if there was Miracle Whip. And then Miracle Whip was produced.

I didn't know anyone ever asked for Miracle Whip. I thought you asked for mayonnaise and then you try to hide your minor disgust when the Miracle Whip shows up.

Tron would suck Caspers dick for 10 minutes if he could eat 4 slices of his grandmothers chocolate cream pie topped with her homeade whipped cream

Tron would suck Caspers dick for 10 minutes if he could eat 4 slices of his grandmothers chocolate cream pie topped with her homeade whipped cream

See, Mudcat?

These are exactly the kind of emotional connections you're in the position to create for your coworkers.

I sure hope your grandmother is dead

:facepalm:

Poor guy doesn't get how worth it homeade whipped cream is. Shame, really.

Now I'm thinking I will just leave the Cool Whip at home rather than bringing both. I was told to bring 2 whip creams and I have two of both so I don't need to bring the CW.

Maybe just leave the wrong stuff at home.

I don't know what I would ever have Cool Whip with here though. Maybe just end up chuckin' it. Well no, hang on a second. It doesn't have to be a cake or a pie. Maybe I have an idea.

In fact maybe I will try some of the Cool Whip with something RIGHT NOW.

MrX
See, Mudcat?

These are exactly the kind of emotional connections you're in the position to create for your coworkers.

See, this Mr.X fella gets it.

MrX
I was in Kansas City recently, at the home of some relatives of sister's husband, when someone specifically asked if there was Miracle Whip. And then Miracle Whip was produced.

I didn't know anyone ever asked for Miracle Whip. I thought you asked for mayonnaise and then you try to hide your minor disgust when the Miracle Whip shows up.

We only eat Duke's here in the south. What is this Miracle Whip you are talking about?

It is a very subtle taste, Cool Whip. It kinda does need to go on pastry or something. Ice cream would be okay but I don't have any at the moment.

Dark chocolate covered cranberries --> not a good fit. Not that it tastes bad but the CW just gets overpowered.

Solid milk chocolate Santa ---> Better. Certainly not bad.

It might be okay on a muffin but I am not in the mood for a muffin just now. Muffins are a breakfast thing in my world.

Those are the only viable options I see around here at the mo.

Of course you can just stick the damn nozzle in your mouth and squirt it. I think it tastes good. I think the CW is getting a bad rap here.

I will try to remember what I am tasting now and compare it to the real Whipped Cream NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVOURS tomorrow.

I tried cool whip on Ice cream once, I hated it and will never make that mistake again.

Well?

Was the real whipped cream a hit? What were the results of the cool whip comparison? Did you try some top-of-the-fridge-nutella?

Won't have to go back to work until next year. That feels awesome!

You know what? I didn't give the whipped cream a thought. I mean I brought it in and made someone in a position of power aware of where it was, but then it was completely forgotten (by me).

In retrospect, I did not have anything with whip cream on it. Other people did. There were pies and cakes.

There was just so much eating going on ---> it was crazy. Who could keep track? These people are nuts. There were maybe 20 people - and food for 60.

No Nutella. Not today. Alternative snacks were not on the agenda

What a complete bust.