More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 299,483 Views
Going to be my third time. Feels quite invasive. Criminal check seems fair, but credit check seems designed to weed out the poors.

I always assumed they did credit checks because if you had bad credit you were more likely to have money problems. If you had money problems you were more likely to attempt to siphon money from your employer.

And when I say more likely……more likely than someone with good credit.

:dunno:

I always assumed they did credit checks because if you had bad credit you were more likely to have money problems. If you had money problems you were more likely to attempt to siphon money from your employer.

And when I say more likely……more likely than someone with good credit.

:dunno:

Yep, that's the rationale. Problem is a tri bureau credit check doesn't ACTUALLY show that any more than it shows you grew up poor and black and without a solid foundation in personal finance, for example. In fact it probably reflects relevant problems less than the other factors, much less.

Want to uncover a drug or gambling problem hire a PI. Want an option to reject a poor person (probably of color) then pull credit reports.

At least I think that's the state of play here.

I guess I’m in the wrong industry, credit and criminal reports not used. There would be no workers if used. Same with drug test but I always wanted to drug test the staff in some places I worked and play bingo with the drugs found in the staff system

There would be no workers if used.
Same in the moto industry, on the dealership side. I was hired on a handshake. Lots of er, characters in the business.

The company is based in Quebec though 😅 The Zoom interview was all in semi-broken English because 1 of 4 people was unilingual English (from Calgary), rest of us from QC

Coloreds hiring coloreds. It's a beautiful thing.

without a solid foundation in personal finance, for example.
Matty I see bone bone follows the example with ", for example", when I do it I usually lead the sentence with "for example" and then I give the example. But his sentence structure looks so much more elegant than mines. Have I always been doing it wrong?

It's a stylistic preference. You keep doing it the way you feel.

One day we'll fix your issue with the past simple tense.

I'm not licensed to sell bikes. Ontario requires an OMVIC license.

I sell the widgets, farkles and thingamajigs you add to your Ducatis. :handshake:

Last edited:
I did it yesterday, took me 2.5 hours. Close to 800 questions total, including a timed IQ test.

There might be a 3rd interview, with the General Manager this time.

Then the customary pre-employment anal probe. Jk, I think.

No no, it's a mid-level sales management job. I'd be on the road most days.

Haha. More like hot dog and beer meetings on small yachts. The industry is full of moneyed hillbillies.