More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • •
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • • Views 297,711 Views
I've been authorized by the Mrs. Boner to quit (again). Prob pulling trigger at the end of the month. They did hire someone to back me up after i made a scene about how shitty they are last fall. So it's likely they'll see that as the off ramp for the ever increasing cost ($ and headache) for Boner.

Blitttttaaayyyyyyy we're back on for schemes!!
Did you quit?

Quit. They asked what it would take to stay. They matched my go forward number (about 65% raise) and accepted my ask to never go into the office again. They said nothing of the cash bonus (low-mid 5 figures) I demanded to make up for my butthurt over the years. Mostly underpayment but also foisting responsibilities on me that I don't want. After two days of thinking on it they decided to pay my cash ask in full.

So once again I find myself getting paid a lot to do a job I don't really like. I'm a dirty money loving hooker.

I have to add that a lot of people cashed in political capital to get me what I asked for, so i can't really pull this BS again without making these (good) people look bad. Essentially I have to shut my mouth and take it for probably another 18 months before I can think about bouncing. I really didn't quit to make more money and I didn't think anyone would meet the number I put on my time/self respect. I hope I valued my sanity accurately.