More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 297,889 Views
I always wonder about that. Is it racist to stereotype a group as being really good at something? I guess.

As for the black folk, it's a surprisingly small sample. Seems like my company has only recently discovered there are black people that can be hired to fill positions.

The whole concept of black can get weird if you let it. I know a guy - he's from Ethiopia - skin as black as can be - but he swears he's not black.

Black people, according to him, are from the Carribean. That's what black people means. Them.

He's not black.

He's actually a bit racist against black people, this fellow from Ethiopia.

The whole concept of black can get weird if you let it. I know a guy - he's from Ethiopia - skin as black as can be - but he swears he's not black.

Black people, according to him, are from the Carribean. That's what black people means. Them.

He's not black.

He's actually a bit racist against black people, this fellow from Ethiopia.

In Rwanda one of the many reasons the Tutsi's got killed in genocide is because they considered the Hutu's blacks. Hutus, even though they had the majority of the political control in the country and the majority of the population, always resented the Tutsi for this among other things.

Generally in Africa any of the Bantu descended ethnicities are the "blacks", where the majority that got shipped to the Caribbeans and Brazil as slaves came from. You can see in this map how the main branches of Bantu ethnicities are spread.

9jSimJf.png

In the horn of Africa, Somalis, Ethiopians, Djiboutians, Eritreans don't have many Bantu descendant ethnicities, that's why your friend denies being black. And furthermore Ethiopia divides their State lines by majority of ethnic groups, it's inconceivable for your co-worker to consider himself black.

GlJITMM.png

It's not such a big deal in Ethiopia but in neighboring The Sudan that's what led to the creation of South Sudan, Arab Sudanese majority hating on Nilo-Saharan - Bantu "black" folks.

Fascinating when you go down that rabbit hole. Bantu alone have over 600 ethnicities and 650 languages, Sudan alone over 500 ethnicities. Africa is cool like that, but their level of ignorance and hatred makes the West's racism pale in comparison.

Humans are very weak creatures that constantly need social validation and once in their circle feel the need to draw lines around it. We are animals.

No doubt.

I like the map with the letters on it. I feel that explains everything.

Also, the capital of Djibouti is Djibouti. Not making any point there - I just like saying Djibouti, Djibouti.

When I get to work in the morning and stop in the lunchroom, my friend Ben is usually there - eating dry toast with a fork.

He stabs the toast in the middle and eats from the edges until it is all eaten. No butter or anything.

Dry toast with a fork. :handshake:

Which leads to an additional thought. Ben's last name is Chu and he often gets called on the radio.

"Ben Chu copy."

"Gesundheit," I always say. Like, just to myself. Not on the radio or anything.

Just my own, private, hilarious little joke.

He stabs the toast in the middle and eats from the edges until it is all eaten. No butter or anything.

1108.gif

We're all someone's weird coworker.

When I get to work in the morning and stop in the lunchroom, my friend Ben is usually there - eating dry toast with a fork.

This confuses me in so many ways.

I am constantly gabbing to myself at work as I go about my business. It's part of my method to maximize accuracy on my drive for Top Dog.

I mutter locations, part numbers, quantities, units of measure - confirming against the paperwork.

Some stuff, the unit of measure is packs. Sometimes the order will call for 2.

So I will mutter the part number and then, "Two pack."

And then I will say, "Shakur. Get it?"

So much fun I have.

Well, it beats the fuck out of fisting.

That can make for a complicated workplace.

Not saying I know first hand, butt

Not saying I don't.

HI NOOKIE!!!!

Eggs -

Ode to the Ginger Guy at Work Who Decided to Grow Facial Hair

yeah, no
i don't blame you for trying
but yeah, no
unfortunately
no

Un FUCKING believable!

Rogie -