It's adorable that it took hockey to start some internet wars at gamelive.com
:pink2:

Hockey is so cute

Don't know much about the Cowboy Junkies but I know I love this song

In Guy Lafleur We Trust.

hockey.jpg

Yes, I see that.

Absolutely precious!

I just don't get this hockey thing. I think its cause I live in an area with no snow.

Robyn,

This was my status on facebook:

Our father, who art in GM Place, HOCKEY be thy name. Thy will be done, GOLD to be WON, on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS. Give us this day, our hockey nets, and forgive us for our penalities, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us NOT into elimination but deliver us to victory, in the name of the fans, all of CANADA, and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN!!!!!▌♥ ▌ GO CANADA GO !!! ▌♥ ▌

Hockey is very serious here.

Hockey > NFL > MMA > Soccer > MLB > NBA

Robyn,

This was my status on facebook:

Our father, who art in GM Place, HOCKEY be thy name. Thy will be done, GOLD to be WON, on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS. Give us this day, our hockey nets, and forgive us for our penalities, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us NOT into elimination but deliver us to victory, in the name of the fans, all of CANADA, and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN!!!!!▌♥ ▌ GO CANADA GO !!! ▌♥ ▌

Hockey is very serious here.

It's kind of funny, because I don't think we give a shit half as much about any international competition as you guys do about hockey dominance. Take basketball for instance - I bet almost half the US was rooting against our team a couple Olympics back.... with Iverson where we didn't even medal. Probably a good number here rooted against us vs Spain for the gold in '08. I know it, because I had a tinge of hope that we'd lose that one. It was just a fleeting moment or two, but there's a tendency here for .... self-loathing I guess. Plus, it's natural for most people to root for the underdog, or against the heavy favorite (like US basketball usually is).

And I thought hockey players get all the hot girls! Not here I guess? :dunno:

And I thought hockey players get all the hot girls! Not here I guess? :dunno:

If you go into an actual hockey game the hockey MILFs in the stands are unbleepin believable even more so after some beer

I will refrain from commenting in this thread for fear of waxing redundant.

I don't think we give a shit half as much about any international competition as you guys do about hockey dominance.

I doubt there are many countries who care as much about any sport as we care about hockey. Maybe Brazil cares as much about soccer?

I dunno.