LOL hockey

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 4,027 Views
Matt, you understand what "sudden death" means in a sporting competition....oui?

We most definitely sudden-deathed you, oui.

Hmm the argument didn't hold up for me vs a Canadien

steve says:
hah this dude has a good point
steve says:
"Lets see in hockey they beat us by one goal in sudden death overtime. Big deal. We can beat them in basketball by 60 points, in soccer by 5 goals and in baseball by 12 runs. Let them have their 15 min of glory."

steve says:
BOOM

dooman...14 GOLD MEDALS OLYMPIC RECORD!!!! says:
we beat you guys at world cup of baseball though

BOOM!

steve says:

steve says:
I'll give you a Johnny Carson " I.....dod NOT know that" to that

and we won't make a movie out of it

steve says:
haha nice

steve says:
thats definitely the funniest thing anyone has said to me int he last 30 seconds

I feel kind of owned a little help?

I would caution that your matter-of-fact proclamations of Canada's world hockey dominance can begin to feel a bit like smugness to the losing team's fans, though... especially when the outcome could have gone either way.

Sure. And I could point to irrational baiting from anti-Canada posters that would contribute to the fervor of such proclamations in retaliation.

Maybe we started it. I don't know. Forum fun and games.

I myself have never been anything but very happy and proud. I have no angle of negativity. I give full marks to the US team and was completely prepared to congratulate them had they won as they did in the 1996 World Cup. If anything, I found this team more impressive than that one. In any case, I respect a team that plays hockey like that.

This was by far the best U.S. team I've ever seen play an international game of the best sport in the world - Ice Hockey.

This was by far the best U.S. team I've ever seen play an international game of the best sport in the world - Ice Hockey.

If ice hockey is the best sport in the world why is it only played in 20 countries?

Hmm the argument didn't hold up for me vs a Canadien

steve says:
hah this dude has a good point
steve says:
"Lets see in hockey they beat us by one goal in sudden death overtime. Big deal. We can beat them in basketball by 60 points, in soccer by 5 goals and in baseball by 12 runs. Let them have their 15 min of glory."

steve says:
BOOM

we beat you guys at world cup of baseball though

BOOM!

steve says:

steve says:
I'll give you a Johnny Carson " I.....dod NOT know that" to that

and we won't make a movie out of it

steve says:
haha nice

steve says:
thats definitely the funniest thing anyone has said to me int he last 30 seconds

I feel kind of owned a little help?

how about football? we could even play by cfl rules and still win by 100+

Lets see in hockey they beat us by one goal in sudden death overtime. Big deal. We can beat them in basketball by 60 points, in soccer by 5 goals and in baseball by 12 runs. Let them have their 15 min of glory.

:butt:

Canada has to be one of the worst soccer nations in the world.

Up until a few years ago we were one of the only FIFA nations to not have a soccer specific stadium.

Even when world class players come along (Hargreaves, De Guzman) they shun the nation of their birth and would rather play for the nation of their Grandmother.

Never understood how the USA is always a FIFA top 10 team. They would not even be able to qualify for the Euro Cup, let alone the World Cup. CONCACAF qualifying is pretty easy for the USA.

Canada has to be one of the worst soccer nations in the world.

Up until a few years ago we were one of the only FIFA nations to not have a soccer specific stadium.

Even when world class players come along (Hargreaves, De Guzman) they shun the nation of their birth and would rather play for the nation of their Grandmother.

Never understood how the USA is always a FIFA top 10 team. They would not even be able to qualify for the Euro Cup, let alone the World Cup. CONCACAF qualifying is pretty easy for the USA.

And this is quite mind boggling why Canada can't qualify. Can't you just pick up some immigrants and make a team that can beat Aruba and Martinique?

If ice hockey is the best sport in the world why is it only played in 20 countries?

It can only be played in first world nations, equipment is expensive.

Why don't other nations embrace US "football"? Who cares is probably the correct answer, one should enjoy whatever floats their boat.

I personally think US football (and Canadian football) is a dumb game, I prefer Hockey, then baseball, soccer and basketball to American football.