Im in Jury Duty

• Start date
  • Replies 156 Comments
  • Views 7,524 Views
That is so weird I have all this lumbering equipment up in Quebec I am done using but the owner of it has been on an expedition in New Zealand that has gone on longer than expected, I haven't been able to reach him on the tele. I guess at this point I shall hold off on trading it in now that I know that.

Thank you, Muddy. Funny timing there. :handshake:

Well just to be clear, you can trade it in and be arrested and convicted - but still do jury duty.

So if your big-picture goal is to transact in someone else's lumbering equipment - whether nobly or nefariously - but in a way that can result in legal action - while still being eligible for a Canadian jury ---> trade away.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that jury duty is a lot more frequent in the States.

I would be excited and reall all the fine print too.

Thats cause half the country's in jail, going to jail or homeless. :hides:

Got me a Summons.

YOU ARE REQUIRED to attend the Superior Court of Justice at [location] and may be selected to serve on a jury.

July 28th.

Thanks for doing your civic duty. I will probably never sit on a jury again due to my chosen profession.

I sat on a rape trial when I was 19 or 20.

Did some lookin' into how this is handled by my company. Long story short, if I was to get on a jury and the trial was over 2 weeks ---> I'd be financially fucked.

I guess that is pretty unlikely.

In the states you're uncompensated for the first 2 days. After that your employer or the state pays $50/day depending on your employment status.

Being financially fucked by a lengthy juror service is simply the price you pay for freedom here in the states. It's a civic duty, by definition it's the sacrifice we give, not unlike taxes - just time versus financial. 3

It is VERY uncommon to sit on a jury for more than 3 days here. Anyone who tells you otherwise is bad at stats/math.

In the states you're uncompensated for the first 2 days. After that your employer or the state pays $50/day depending on your employment status.

Being financially fucked by a lengthy juror service is simply the price you pay for freedom here in the states. It's a civic duty, by definition it's the sacrifice we give, not unlike taxes - just time versus financial. 3

It is VERY uncommon to sit on a jury for more than 3 days here. Anyone who tells you otherwise is bad at stats/math.