Im in Jury Duty

• Start date
  • Replies 156 Comments
  • Views 7,617 Views
In discussing the conditions for jury duty the other day, I see now I misunderstood the thrust of the matter.

Specifically I talked about pretending to practice witchcraft as a possible disqualifying factor.

In fact it is just the opposite. They go out of their way to specify that as something that you can be convicted of but still go ahead and be on a jury.

So noice.

Also okay to be convicted of:

Trespassing at night. (As for daytime :dunno:)
Transporting a person to a bawdy house - so cabbies remain in the running :up:
Failing to keep watch while towing a person on water skis/surfboard. Dastardly as that is, you can still be on the jury :megaman:

Interpreting what I am seeing on this form - you can be convicted of pretending to practice witchcraft. It is a criminal code offense.

But it is not prosecuted by way of indictment.

Further clarification, I cannot provide.

Trading in lumbering equipment without consent of owner

You can be convicted of it but still be eligible for Jury duty in Canada.

:handshake:

you didn't steal the equipment, you wasn't illegally logging, so no theft but you used someone else's tools without permission

A bunch of the stuff on the list looks like plain old theft to me

:dunno:

Why do I have a feeling Muddy reads all of the fine print on everything?

Jury Duty - it's a deal, just not a big deal.

That is so weird I have all this lumbering equipment up in Quebec I am done using but the owner of it has been on an expedition in New Zealand that has gone on longer than expected, I haven't been able to reach him on the tele. I guess at this point I shall hold off on trading it in now that I know that.

Thank you, Muddy. Funny timing there. :handshake:

I avoided getting called this week. In Michigan, you call every day for a week to see if you're needed.

I had to actually report to the court this past Monday. They had over 100 of us there, which could have been because the trial was that afternoon.

I get the feeling that jury duty is a lot more frequent in the States.

I would be excited and reall all the fine print too.

I've never been summoned, nor do I want to be.

Cami do you vote? I think they pull names off of voting lists.

When Obama was first elected into office, yes I did.

Summoned once, just before I moved. Called them and said I was moving. That was the end of that.

Crazy shit.

And you call me an asshole you selfish prick.

Hey, in all fairness, I never said I wasn't one too. :biggrin:

after all, takes one to know one.