Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,437 Views
No, I think most people here are intelligent enough to figure it out. I'll let the Americans fight amongst themselves as they usually do.

As for Rouge, its not unusual at all for people to get Covid (and/or transmit it) after receiving the vaccine. What is unusual is dying from Covid after getting vaccinated.
The vaccine is helping big time, not hindering. For those that choose not to believe this I will not lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Guys if yall hold mrmoney down I'll jab him in the arm with the Pfizer, Davey sit on his legs

:grouphug:

VD, seriously your stats are good and I believe them that a vaccine protects you from DYING from COVID. Anyway you can break down those 2379 Alabama deaths on their various age groups? I'm suspecting like the initial round of COVID deaths, most of them are elderly with pre-existing conditions. Example a 70 year old woman with a preexisting condition who didn't make it to the 76 life expectancy number.

If you get the virus after vaccination, you're supposed to be less likely to transmit it. Nobody else in the house had it and there was lots of coughing and generally being an inconsiderate person while sick.

Less likely absolutely, but still possible. I keep seeing news reports and stories where doctors are reporting that 100% of the people on ventilators in their hospitals are not vaccinated. This has been the case around the country. Somehow the antivaxxers think its a big conspiracy.

If you get the virus after vaccination, you're supposed to be less likely to transmit it. Nobody else in the house had it and there was lots of coughing and generally being an inconsiderate person while sick.
Teela has solved the problem, stay away from inconsiderate people!

:teela:

MrMonkey actually made sense there.

The world is officially coming to an end!
Be careful my friend, you might not be around to see it!
1628220510343.png

VD, seriously your stats are good and I believe them that a vaccine protects you from DYING from COVID. Anyway you can break down those 2379 Alabama deaths on their various age groups? I'm suspecting like the initial round of COVID deaths, most of them are elderly with pre-existing conditions. Example a 70 year old woman with a preexisting condition who didn't make it to the 76 life expectancy number.
Don't know the numbers, but I'd venture a guess that you are correct that it still mostly targets elderly people. There are definitely young people dying, too, but the majority are still elderly.

Here's the issue. When people were arguing against lockdowns, that made sense to me. I think there were valid arguments to be made for and against. But I totally understood people believing that shutting down the economy (and schools for kids who need social development) was not worth saving thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of elderly lives.

Then people bitched about masks. This I didn't really understand. It's so simple to wear them and social distance. I don't like them at all, I'm a big fat guy, they make me sweat more and breathing can be uncomfortable. But it's such a small tradeoff to save lives/stop the spread of the disease. But even in this stage it was very difficult to collect hard data...

Now, we have hard data. Vaccines were never meant to stop everyone from getting COVID. They stop the majority of people from getting it, and those that do get it get less severe cases than those that don't. Vaccinated people are also less likely to carry/spread. Millions and millions of people have been vaccinated with no statistically relevant issues. We have the option to kill this disease dead, not have masks, not have lockdowns. And now people are complaining about THIS and not getting it. Young people who "aren't at risk" still spread and carry it to those that are. AND allow for these mutations to grow as it keeps getting passed around.

So yeah, I'm on the side of "don't tell other people what to do with their bodies", so at the end of the day I get your right to decline a vaccine. But... why? Because of random conspiracy theories and shit on the internet? You can protect yourself, protect your family, protect society at large. I understand "we shouldn't shut down the economy to save elderly lives". I honestly don't understand "we shouldn't take a harmless, safe vaccine to save lives". I really don't.

And before you say "it's not harmless" blah blah blah, again, data? Random quack doctors on YouTube aren't data. If ya'll are independent thinkers and want to sniff out the bullshit... cool where the fuck is the bullshit? Why are all these millions of people fine while all these unvaxxed folks are still getting sick and dying?

Good post VD! Look, we continue to wear the mask at every indoor place I go out to in respect for others. More so if we have it with no symptoms don't want to spread it. And in FLA right now that's the minority. It's like the flu shot. Never have gotten one in my life. So many my experiences from friends/people I know getting it and then getting the flu. And my conclusion is if you get it you won't die from it.

So honestly thinking being 60+ now, we would start getting it. Same as I discuss with getting the COVID shot. Was about to get it but with physicals coming up in 2 months was waiting to see if the anti-bodies test reveal we have had it. If so we probably won't get it. Both of us if you knew our proximity to hundreds of random strangers day-in-day out, I find it hard to believe we haven't had it yet. Crossing our fingers and if it comes, hopefully not fatal. :peace:

Good post VD! Look, we continue to wear the mask at every indoor place I go to out in respect for others. More so if we have it with no symptoms don't want to spread it. And in FLA right now that's the minority. It's like the flu shot. Never have gotten one in my life. So many my experiences from friends/people I know getting it and then getting the flu. And my conclusion is if you get it you won't die from it.

So honestly thinking being 60+ now, we would start getting it. Same as I discuss with getting the COVID shot. Was about to get it but with physicals coming up in 2 months was waiting to see if the anti-bodies test reveal we have had it. If so we probably won't get it. Both of us if you knew our proximity to hundreds of random strangers day-in-day out, I find it hard to believe we haven't had it yet. Crossing our fingers and if it comes, hopefully not fatal. :peace:
Seems like you are being sensible and open-minded, which I appreciate regardless of what you decide to do!

I will say, in comparison to the flu, COVID-19 is significantly more easily spread and significantly more deadly. With a 1.3 basic reproductive number, you getting the flu and then spreading it to 1.3 people > then they spread it to 1.3 people > etc means in 10 rounds it will infect 56 people.

Covid's reproductive number is over 2. But even just being conservative and using 2.... that's over 2,000 people in 10 rounds.

Plommer you're just proving my point after denying it, by jokingly posting the same stories I referenced.

You guys don't think that these scare tactic stories are also rare? If they wanted to find stories of people who didn't get vaccinated and are perfectly fine, they can certainly do that. If they wanted to find vaccinated who got hospitalized and died they can certainly do that too.

The dismissive, belittling attitude most of you have towards others is not warranted. I'm pretty sure people can make up their own minds for their particular situation. And it's not just vaccines, it's been like that with lockdowns and masks, and the anti Trump bs etc.

Btw yes people have side effects from vaccines, and we don't know what side effects can come up later. Which risk they are comfortable taking, that's for people to decide for themselves. Even giving yourself flu symptoms is probably not a light matter for some.
It would be a lot more helpful if the media focused on actual stats and information regarding possible side effects instead of fearmongering :hattip:

First they wanted to blame the people for not social distancing, then not wearing masks, now for not getting vaccinated. Even when the vaccine is supposed to keep you safe, still wanna blame somebody. Those uncouth peasants. If you do that, you are not brave or smart, you're just a tool :hitler:

And before you say "it's not harmless" blah blah blah, again, data? Random quack doctors on YouTube aren't data. If ya'll are independent thinkers and want to sniff out the bullshit... cool where the fuck is the bullshit? Why are all these millions of people fine while all these unvaxxed folks are still getting sick and dying?
And I sort of felt that way. But I'm hearing stories of people having issues. Sure a lot of it is anecdotal, but yeah I have no faith that media and whoever is in charge is objective enough to give us an accurate picture. I know that they put a warning on JnJ vaccine about Guillain Barre,(which is a fate worse than death).
You can say, oh it's all nothing, but you shouldn't be surprised that not everybody thinks it's nothing

Plommer you're just proving my point after denying it, by jokingly posting the same stories I referenced.

You guys don't think that these scare tactic stories are also rare? If they wanted to find stories of people who didn't get vaccinated and are perfectly fine, they can certainly do that. If they wanted to find vaccinated who got hospitalized and died they can certainly do that too.

The dismissive, belittling attitude most of you have towards others is not warranted. I'm pretty sure people can make up their own minds for their particular situation. And it's not just vaccines, it's been like that with lockdowns and masks, and the anti Trump bs etc.

Btw yes people have side effects from vaccines, and we don't know what side effects can come up later. Which risk they are comfortable taking, that's for people to decide for themselves. Even giving yourself flu symptoms is probably not a light matter for some.
It would be a lot more helpful if the media focused on actual stats and information regarding possible side effects instead of fearmongering :hattip:

First they wanted to blame the people for not social distancing, then not wearing masks, now for not getting vaccinated. Even when the vaccine is supposed to keep you safe, still wanna blame somebody. Those uncouth peasants. If you do that, you are not brave or smart, you're just a tool :hitler:
I couldn't agree more. I hate the way the conversation is conducted. It's so dismissive, superior, smug. I feel like most people are set in their ways, but IF there is room to have a conversation or educate, the way it is conducted is so ridiculous. No one is going to respond well to being called an idiot etc.

Now having said all that... DO NOT act like this isn't a two-way street. These people are insanely aggressive and rude as well. Pull up any thread of someone talking about the importance of getting a vaccine and you'll see dozens of people calling that poster a pussy, brainwashed, idiot, sheep, whatever else.

Hell, look at you. You just ended your "the dismissive belitting attitude towards others is not warranted" speech by calling people who feel differently than you tools. Isn't that dismissive and belittling? Both sides are guilty of this shit.

But I didn't say those who get the vaccine and urge other to are tools :nono: Just those who have a superior attitude towards others. I think we're on the same page here Dave

And I sort of felt that way. But I'm hearing stories of people having issues. Sure a lot of it is anecdotal, but yeah I have no faith that media and whoever is in charge is objective enough to give us an accurate picture. I know that they put a warning on JnJ vaccine about Guillain Barre,(which is a fate worse than death).
You can say, oh it's all nothing, but you shouldn't be surprised that not everybody thinks it's nothing
You have no faith in the media or the people in charge, so you believe the other side instead? Why do you have faith in the contrarians? Just because "fuck the man"?

It's all just handpicking data. The warning on the J&J comes from 100 cases in 12.8 million. Virtually all of the people affected were men over the age of 50. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-vaccine-guillain-barre-syndrome

For every 1000 people in their fifties and sixties about five (1/200) will die from COVID. For every 1000 people that got J&J, .0078 might get GB. And you talk about the media blowing things out of proportion?

But I didn't say those who get the vaccine and urge other to are tools :nono: Just those who have a superior attitude towards others. I think we're on the same page here Dave
Yeah, for sure. I think we always disagree pretty civilly. Have appreciated our convos this last year and a half.