Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,471 Views
...hmm, maybe I shouldn't say that. I did feel that all those people who were happy to give away everybodies rights and push for lockdowns were, I dunno, not a good showing. I was angry and disappointed that supposedly "freedom loving Americans" would just accept that, and push for it. So I guess I did/do look down on them :dunno:

You have no faith in the media or the people in charge, so you believe the other side instead? Why do you have faith in the contrarians? Just because "fuck the man"?

It's all just handpicking data. The warning on the J&J comes from 100 cases in 12.8 million. Virtually all of the people affected were men over the age of 50. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-vaccine-guillain-barre-syndrome

For every 1000 people in their fifties and sixties about five (1/200) will die from COVID. For every 1000 people that got J&J, .0078 might get GB. And you talk about the media blowing things out of proportion?
It's all very interesting statistically. I mean there are a lot of factors. How many people get GB randomly. It's supposedly very rare. Is this 100 more than you'd normally expect to see? :dunno: We don't know how many cases can pop up in the future.
I for one would be curious to know the death and hospitalization rate from all problems of vaccinated vs unvaccinated, in a given time frame.

2DCE83D9-94CF-4EA2-8247-FB4AA2EE56C6.gif

Once the FDA and the CDC clear it, Bea (age 3.5 now) will be getting it ASAP. She is the largest risk vector for a number of high risk family and friends and I trust the science.
If we're able to, I'll definitely get both kids vaccinated. They were not vaccinating people that had anaphylactic allergic responses, so we're hoping that will get worked out.

Going on a free cruise October 8th which requires the 2nd dose of the vaccine to be administered 14 days prior to embarking. Mrs. Mcb and I went yesterday to get the antibodies test just so we would have the data. She had the antibodies test about 6 months ago and tested positive for it. I have never had the antibodies test. Today, both of our results came back negative <1.00, meaning that we don't have the active antibodies. We will be going within the next week to get the vaccine. We were never afraid of the vaccine per se, but have prolonged getting it so as to gain as much information as possible before doing so.

my son will be vaccinated next week

i don't see the a problem - he has every vaccination ever offered

i do not like forced vaccinations - agree with rj that they only have themselves to blame

still fucking hate fauci - wishy washy little bitch

1) Btw yes people have side effects from vaccines, and we don't know what side effects can come up later. Which risk they are comfortable taking, that's for people to decide for themselves. Even giving yourself flu symptoms is probably not a light matter for some.
It would be a lot more helpful if the media focused on actual stats and information regarding possible side effects instead of fearmongering :hattip:

2) First they wanted to blame the people for not social distancing, then not wearing masks, now for not getting vaccinated. Even when the vaccine is supposed to keep you safe, still wanna blame somebody. Those uncouth peasants. If you do that, you are not brave or smart, you're just a tool 1)Agree. I trust "word on the street" info.
1) RC, I like if possible "word on the street" info with medical stuff. Like we go to doctor's office for separate issue than getting shot and 70-75 starts talking about COVID. States husband and her contracted it 10/2020. Mild symptoms for them (thank God) and for her couldn't taste just meat for 6 months.

She then explains both got COVID shots about 3 months ago to be safe and within 2 weeks starts getting heart palpitations scaring the crap out of her. Never ever had a heart problem. Tried just relaxing as much as possible but they would randomly continue. Goes to doctor and gets whatever you do to check her heart and says nothing he sees causing it. Tells her best resolution would be give it some time and lets see. Good news for her saying about 3-4 weeks it stopped.

So MrsM not only has an irregular heartbeat (entire life) but gets palpitations from time to time that always eventually subside. So slim to no chance she gets the same side effect. Though if the same side effect, how would it affect her? That kind of put the stop to immediately getting the shot. I told her from the beginning before this, when you want to get it, I will also.

2) This what these people do RC. And when you explain to them their reasoning possibly is not correct, they double-down on you. They give you not one iota of rationalizing your thinking.

I for one would be curious to know the death and hospitalization rate from all problems of vaccinated vs unvaccinated, in a given time frame.
Me too! RC, probably not the easy numbers to find but asked VD to come up with them on the Alabama article or any other state that has it. If science wants us to feel more comfortable getting the shots, put these numbers out there.

Like when I kept posting this chart with updates. Unfortunately seeing chart data ended. I wonder why? Maybe somebody in NY who let the elderly go back to their nursing homes thought this data was showing the wrong narrative he wanted out there.

Here's one I never posted.

Pfizer has been a lot less effective against delta variant in Israel where the vaccination rate has been very high. One of the reasons could be the waning antibodies among those vaccinated in January/February. I suspect you will never know the full reality of effectiveness of shots in the US and other countries because they are afraid of already existing skepticism among the population.

Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.

Pfizer has been a lot less effective against delta variant in Israel where the vaccination rate has been very high. One of the reasons could be the waning antibodies among those vaccinated in January/February. I suspect you will never know the full reality of effectiveness of shots in the US and other countries because they are afraid of already existing skepticism among the population.

Reading an article like this tells me might be best just to get the shots. We're old enough and getting aches and pains becoming a norm so a small side effect I don't think we hurt us. :dunno: Dying will kill us! :yes: Have to discuss further with MrsM.

"SCIENCEMAG" what a rag.
Science, lol.

I get this from the article Plommer .....

Still, IHME researchers forecast a peak of about 1000 deaths a day in mid-September, and a total of 76,000 additional deaths by 1 November. But if 95% of the people in the United States wore masks, their model predicts, 49,000 of those lives would be saved.

And this ....

Can Delta infect fully vaccinated people?

Yes, although vaccination still protects extremely well against severe disease and death. A study of a recent Delta-driven outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts. In the Massachusetts outbreak, fully vaccinated people accounted for 74% of nearly 469 COVID-19 cases. (Four of the five people hospitalized in the outbreak were fully vaccinated; no one died.)

Look at those death projections by 11/1/21! Like I posted earlier, we continue to wear masks indoors but the small minority we are in say Publix, Walmart. Even old must feel protected having gotten the shot. I expect next time visiting Publix mask wearing numbers will go up.

And thinking since Vags article showed only 39% protection for people with shots and the Mass outbreak 74% of COVID cases were vaccinated people. So honestly without the shots need to stay from away from "inconsiderate" non-mask wearing people.

Yellowknife, NWT (as long as they get cable) might be the place to spend the next winter.
1628298004501.png

The article is fabulous pal, the researchers explain things clearly and consicely.

I read the entire article and it makes sense to me. Vaccines are not perfect and there are plenty of other issues that need to be addresses but I believe in the vaccines 100%, I have ZERO doubt/concern.