Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,699 Views
I just started going to an infrared sauna. Best sleep I’ve had in YEARS after going. Do you all use just the red light?
Apparently the one at our gym is supposed to be both Infrared and red light. I am going to start using it more, but it takes too damn long to heat up. Maybe I will turn it on in the middle of the workout and jump in directly afterwards. Good to hear it is helping with your sleep Tella. I need help with my sinuses. Maybe that will help.

Here's the old email I received in June about the sauna. Maybe I should have read it before you mentioned this Tella:
-------
What is an Infrared Sauna, you may ask? Unlike traditional saunas that heat the air
around you, infrared saunas use infrared light to directly warm your body,
promoting a range of benefits that can support your CrossFit performance.
Here's why you should consider incorporating infrared sauna sessions into your routine:
1. Enhanced Muscle Recovery: Intense CrossFit workouts can lead to muscle soreness and fatigue. Infrared sauna sessions can help accelerate the recovery process by increasing blood circulation, delivering oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, and flushing out metabolic waste products.
2. Detoxification: Sweating is a natural way for our bodies to eliminate toxins. Infrared saunas induce a deep, penetrating sweat, which helps remove toxins such as heavy metals, pollutants, and chemicals from your system. This can leave you feeling rejuvenated and revitalized.
3. Pain Relief and Joint Health: If you're dealing with any discomfort from your workouts, the infrared sauna may offer relief. The gentle heat can help alleviate muscle and joint pain, improve flexibility, and promote better range of motion.
4. Stress Reduction and Relaxation: We all know that stress can hinder our progress in the gym. Infrared saunas provide a tranquil environment where you can unwind, relax, and recharge. The warmth and gentle light can help soothe your mind, reduce stress levels, and improve sleep quality.
5. Improved Skin Health: Sweating in the infrared sauna helps open up your pores and cleanse your skin deeply. This can lead to a clearer complexion, improved skin tone, and a healthy glow. Say hello to post-workout radiant skin!

I drank a lot over my vacation in Big Bear Lake and Las Vegas. Got home and was sick again.Haven't been able to work out as much as usual. Red light sauna and cold tub at the gym yesterday and a pretty hard cardio workout but the lungs were no bueno! We're afraid to step on the scale but will do so this afternoon to see if your theory is true.
I was sick also, might have lost like 5 pounds from sweating all the liquid out and starving

I just started going to an infrared sauna. Best sleep I’ve had in YEARS after going. Do you all use just the red light?
They gave me a remote to change the lights. I didn’t really use it.

RJ...202 this morning. Feel better this morning. Have a hard push to get ready for Miami Half at the end of January. Can't afford to get sick again.

Breather.,

Good 1st day back.

Feel great.

napoleon infrared spa

I use the infrared lamp for aches and when I get acupuncture. My dog gets it also 😊

I want a video of sauced-up stevie narrating his experience at a fancy red light sauna.

Having a completely Dry January so far.

My reward? Sleeping worse than I’ve ever slept in my entire life. Makes no sense at all. Extremely frustrating.

Looking forward to. New Orleans next week when I break Dry January. More so for the sleep.

Having a completely Dry January so far.

My reward? Sleeping worse than I’ve ever slept in my entire life. Makes no sense at all. Extremely frustrating.

Looking forward to. New Orleans next week when I break Dry January. More so for the sleep.
that's crazy!

nice work Mcballs! 2 hrs of running is sooo much