Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • Views 91,412 Views
Agreed.

Give me convenience or give me…

Wait. Do they have one of those cold plunge pools?

I do some work for advertising companies that do work for gyms and the straight dope is that 99% of what they're selling is a brand. The core product is the same but they need you to believe each one is different.

That said, assuming everything you stated is true and worth $111/mo you should go for it. For me the cleanliness is not a problem but time. Time is money - especially since you're super old. If it's closer and you have more instant access to the equipment, I say get after it.
Especially since you are really old. Low blow at Dafty :D. Pretty sure you have already made up your mind tron, just looking for affirmation.

People spend hundreds of dollars a month on all sorts of useless junk/hobbies/substances. Do it.

People spend hundreds of dollars a month on all sorts of useless junk/hobbies/substances. Do it.
The membership is a 12 month commitment. I’m a little unsure if it’s the right play
Especially since you are really old. Low blow at Dafty :D. Pretty sure you have already made up your mind tron, just looking for affirmation.
I didn’t take it as a slight. He’s not lying.

I’ve had knee pain last month or so.

Caused by playing excessive pickleball.

Just got a knee injection yesterday.

Has anyone else gotten that?
Got one about 6 months ago. Not as bad as I expected

I forgot to mention about the gym thing: I’ve completely stopped cycling. I moved 2 months ago and my new place has no place for me to store my bike. I can’t even keep it on the balcony because of association rules!

I sold my beloved Cannondale Bad Boy. :(

This makes going to the gym regularly more crucial.

Tronner. No gym facilities at your new place?
It’s a “token” gym about the size of a large master bedroom.

There’s a lot to like about my new place. Outstanding view of inter coastal and ocean in a very quiet, safe neighborhood.

But the “gym” is a turd.

I forgot to mention about the gym thing: I’ve completely stopped cycling. I moved 2 months ago and my new place has no place for me to store my bike. I can’t even keep it on the balcony because of association rules!

I sold my beloved Cannondale Bad Boy. :(

This makes going to the gym regularly more crucial.
That sucks!

I'm technically not allowed to store bikes on my balconies either. So I only keep 4 of them there. 😅

My condo's cardio room is also a turd. They're about to renew it, hopefully they get some sort of smart bikes in. Stationary cycling on the balcony sucks balls in the winter.

Been cycling 12-15 hours a week for the last several weeks. Suddenly making HUGH gains in performance and fitness. 🥳 I should be somewhat competitive for my first race in May.

Screenshot_20230309_081556_Chrome.jpg

The ultimate BIG BOY winner! Watched the movie and enjoyed it more than expected but was sad.
the-whale-fatsuit-jpg.jpg

Missed our Movie Man critic analysis of these things!!!
:ahawut:

PS Thanks Boner!

I joined the new gym that we spoke of in this thread. I love it. I’m going 4 days a week. I don’t want to leave when I’m there.

First time in my life that I was at a gym at 6:00
PM on a Monday and the gym wasn’t overcrowded.