Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • Views 96,437 Views
Why you pick rowing if you don't like it?
I think I'd like rowing ...on the water though

It torrential rains regularly where I live so bike rides have dwindled down to once or twice a week max

long, obnoxiously hot, humid and wet summers that last a minimum of 5 months

It torrential rains regularly where I live so bike rides have dwindled down to once or twice a week max

long, obnoxiously hot, humid and wet summers that last a minimum of 5 months
I sincerely hope you RENT, pal. Florida is a sponge that is going to get entirely soaked up by the Atlantic one day.

Why you pick rowing if you don't like it?
I think I'd like rowing ...on the water though
It's a really good workout. I used to love doing it for short distances/times (pre-pandemic at Orangetheory). However, out of shape me does not like rowing long distances.

Julie uses a rower and when I mean she uses a rower, she uses it as art for the back of the bedroom door.
E03F3CED-377B-4F7A-9B41-97C9F7CA6462.jpeg

I use a more indirect approach. We went to the Decathlon store the other day and I showed her the perfect bike for her. She upgrades first, then I just tag along (using my own money mind you. I'm not entirely shameless.)

It's just a multi-sports store, hence the name. France-based company. It's like the Ikea of sports stuff. I loves it. You can get a $12 cycling jersey that's perfectly good. Stuff from the top cycling brands is like 10 times more.

I’ve got a fancy rower that I paid too much for…which is why I have to use it for justification.

ok I was at 189+ tonight, but had few drinks and pork chop, might still be ok to get bellow 189 by morning, which I've been stuck on for months

A rare late afternoon/evening with no torrential downpours. A nice surprise.

F778C0E6-91F4-4227-9B9F-7763D4D768FA.png