Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • Views 97,828 Views
Getting ready for my 100mi/161km ride which is planned for this Saturday. Ima need to ingest one of these every 45 mins followed by water.

20210810_122304.jpg

Still haven't decided on a route... my first choice would be this but I'm concerned about having to leave my new bike locked and unattended for bathroom breaks. I guess I can pee in the bushes, but #2?
Screenshot_20210810-123718_Strava.jpg

I might end up playing it safe and do a first 100km loop, then a quick pit stop at home, then the final 61km, like so (round trip on the left, then two runs of the right-hand side route):

God bless, Matty. We don’t even contemplate those distances down here in the swamp. Note the Feels Like temp

899B93DA-0A8B-4698-AE29-D4D72A9873B3.png

Yeah. It's been super muggy here the last two days but Saturday should be mild. Might actually be a bit chilly when I leave at 6am.

I had a flattering convo with a 28yo hottie who got married last month:

-My wife and I had our child a bit later in life, she was 33 and I was 35.
-Wait. If your son is 7, that means you're in your forties?!?
-*nods* I'm 42.
-No way! You're like 33!
-Aw, thanks.

:174:

Getting ready for my 100mi/161km ride which is planned for this Saturday. Ima need to ingest one of these every 45 mins followed by water.

View attachment 5828

Still haven't decided on a route... my first choice would be this but I'm concerned about having to leave my new bike locked and unattended for bathroom breaks. I guess I can pee in the bushes, but #2?
View attachment 5829

I might end up playing it safe and do a first 100km loop, then a quick pit stop at home, then the final 61km, like so (round trip on the left, then two runs of the right-hand side route):
View attachment 5830
I think I've decided to do the big loop. I'll bring a travel-sized pack of baby wipes if I need to go #2 and just 💩 in the woods.

Pro riders and marathoners piss themselves. My plan is a bit more civilized. :handshake:

You're afraid that somebody would steal your locked bike in the few minutes you might take a shit? Tough town you living in overthere :thinking:

Absolutely. Bums everywhere, especially where cyclists are likely to stop (Tim Hortons, gas stations, etc.)

I might even take the cheap POS bike instead of the new Kona. It has better tires for riding unpaved shoulders and better gearing for steep hills. Not sure.

Gotta let us old dads know what brush in hair color you're using too.
The guy who hasn’t gotten a haircut in 18 months wants to know Matty’s hair color regimen. BONAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :lolpanda: