Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,817 Comments
  • Views 94,262 Views
updating weekly mileage goal from 60 to 70

Screenshot_20220205-073350.png

:clap: That's a lot. I do about 100 miles on the bike trainer (5 weekly workouts) and 8-10 miles worth of running over 3 workouts.

I got a Garmin Forerunner watch and a new virtual coach to help me with my 10K training. Did a quick benchmark run yesterday, 5 mins @ 8 mins/mile. First actual workout is tomorrow, looking forward to it. 🏃‍♂️

Coach Jeff is confident in my ability to do a 55:00 on May 8. 👊
Screenshot_20220205-085716_Connect.jpg

Last edited:
Old man workout

Wall pushups one arm/diamond/hammy-calf raises/clapping pushups

100/110/127

Those clapping pushups get me fired up.

Who wants to fight?

Only if kicks are allowed. Both my shoulders are effed.

ken-shippu-jinrai-kyaku.gif

How do you do virtual boxing? I saw a couple of different set-ups, but don't really know how good they are.
The oculus 2 virtual reality headset is $300
The best boxing game is TTOTF

The Thrill of the Fight

That goes for $10. Hell of a workout. Cardio/weight training combination

Highly highly recommend

Old man workout crushage. I'd like to thank White Claw.

100/110/120

147 clapping pushups to finish.

Fights on Matty, ball shots are allowed (I'll be wearing a jock strap w a cup butt don't tell him I said that)

Coach Jeff doesn't fuck around

(Intense exercise is no good for weight loss though - Tron will confirm)

You pay jefe or what exactly is that gueys deal?

It's just a virtual coaching program that exists within the Garmin Connect ecosystem. I got a cheap Forerunner 45 watch to get my pace while running - I was using my phone up until last week which was a bit of a shitty experience. (Phones don't compensate for arm swing while you're running so you end up seeing two different speeds on the screen.)

You can choose between three coaches - each uses their own method. Jeff Galloway popularized the run-walk-run method which I enjoy. As a bigger guy (for a runner), I find it easier to do shorter more intense intervals broken up by short walking breaks.

Old man workout
110/120/137 147 final set of clapping pushups

Crushed it, the cocaine and speed helped

Workouts on track.

3x week 800 cals on treadmill, approx 40mins 3mph @ 25% - dunno if it's actually 800 cals just my measuring stick.
2x week full body weight training and 400 cals on treadmill.

Haven't missed a week yet. Diet has been steady, especially Monday through Thursday. Eat a siggis and 26g of Kashi go lean crunch almond 2x all day and then a normal dinner @ 630 (and even 300 cals of some desert).

Weekends a bit looser on the diet but no alcohol. Think I'm down from my high of 163 to about 155.