Attn: Bread (re: dating sites)

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 32,415 Views
Further proof that Steves does not venture out of his own threads. LOL.

Just had a strange conversation with the Match.com customer service. It seems the subscription auto-renewed on my checking account which I had no idea it was set up for. It almost overdrew me. It's really a pet peeve of mine when companies like this sneak in that auto-renewal. I think they should make sure the customer knows they are setting it up that way...they should go out of their way to make sure. You should have to click through a separate page confirming you know.

Anyway, I called them and said you guys auto-renewed, I didn't know, you overdrew my account, I want a credit. She gets my info and puts me on hold. Comes back and says "sir, it will just be a few more seconds." I was quiet. "Sir??". I said," yes?" "It will just be a few more seconds." "Ok" Then she goes -

Her - "We've gone ahead and canceled your membership for now. How would you rate your experience with Match.com?"
Me - "First, are you going to give me a refund for the charge I incurred yesterday?"
Her - "I can't answer that question until you answer MY question."
Me - "Well, I can tell you that MY answer is going to be very much dependent on YOUR answer. So I'd like to know in advance."

She then went on to rephrase it into some sales pitch to keep me on at a discounted rate, and asked if I wanted to continue with the service. I said no. I want nothing to do with your service anymore and then she said OK, the money should be refunded withing 72 hours. Have a nice day. I just though the "I can't answer whether we're going to refund you until you tell me whether you liked us" routine was very odd. I'm not sure that's exactly how they teach it.

He did WHAT?!

They came out of my ass too. (Relax y'all, despite rumors to the contrary, it's clean.)

(Shari, you may think we're being cryptic here. We're really not.)

I didn't eat them directly out of his ass...for the record.

Close enough man. Right out of my crotch and into your sexy piehole.

But there's an idea for next time.

Just had a strange conversation with the Match.com customer service. It seems the subscription auto-renewed on my checking account which I had no idea it was set up for. It almost overdrew me. It's really a pet peeve of mine when companies like this sneak in that auto-renewal. I think they should make sure the customer knows they are setting it up that way...they should go out of their way to make sure. You should have to click through a separate page confirming you know.

Anyway, I called them and said you guys auto-renewed, I didn't know, you overdrew my account, I want a credit. She gets my info and puts me on hold. Comes back and says "sir, it will just be a few more seconds." I was quiet. "Sir??". I said," yes?" "It will just be a few more seconds." "Ok" Then she goes -

Her - "We've gone ahead and canceled your membership for now. How would you rate your experience with Match.com?"
Me - "First, are you going to give me a refund for the charge I incurred yesterday?"
Her - "I can't answer that question until you answer MY question."
Me - "Well, I can tell you that MY answer is going to be very much dependent on YOUR answer. So I'd like to know in advance."

She then went on to rephrase it into some sales pitch to keep me on at a discounted rate, and asked if I wanted to continue with the service. I said no. I want nothing to do with your service anymore and then she said OK, the money should be refunded withing 72 hours. Have a nice day. I just though the "I can't answer whether we're going to refund you until you tell me whether you liked us" routine was very odd. I'm not sure that's exactly how they teach it.

ROFL Match.com getting cryptic - too funny. Hope it worked out man.

At least it wasn't AOL:

LOL at AOL.... but fuck them twice for firing the poor schlep they had working on their save calls. He was doing his job, as he was trained by them I'm sure, and then they make him a patsy and fire him.

At least it wasn't AOL:

been through that many times with XM radio.
I always cancel after so many months, then wait for the email offering 3 months for $15

LOL at AOL.... but fuck them twice for firing the poor schlep they had working on their save calls. He was doing his job, as he was trained by them I'm sure, and then they make him a patsy and fire him.

:yes:

typical business strategy. Also works well in wars, politics, many things

been through that many times with XM radio.
I always cancel after so many months, then wait for the email offering 3 months for $15

Fuck the MAN:

free XM/Sirus

My irritation has been inflamed by a letter from Wells Fargo notifying me of IMPORTANT CHANGES IN TERMS NOTICE REGARDING MY ACCOUNT.

"blah, blah, blahblah....As a result, your APR(s) shown below will remain at the existing rates currently being assessed, which are the minimum APR(s) in your Agreement"

Purchaces: 24.55%
Balance Transfers: 24.55%
Cash Advances: 23.99%

Fucking douchebags. I don't keep a balance but still. Am I supposed to be grateful that they aren't jacking it to 120%?

I think that is called negative billing? Really fucking greasy.

Alright went snooping around a little last night with some success. Dialogue with these 2. Neither have kids.

The first is a bout 20 miles out in a town I go to all the time, she is originally from east Texas. RN student, real cool, had cancer and fought it off very sweet girl. Maybe out of my league for the time being.

be13b2ca.jpg

The 2nd I am getting ready to start a life with. We have hardly spoken but I can already tell that we will spend the rest of our lives together. Her favorite movie is "The Ringer" (starring Johnny Knoxville).

cd4f890f.jpg

First one - hot; porcelain doll

Second - thunder thighs (she's got no knees, dude)

Lol I was being funny about the 2nd. The 1st I will make a stab at, seems like she has a lot of guys after her, I'll play the older gentleman and see where it goes. The 2nd I will pass on, nightmare.

1. a good girl
2. a naughty momma that needs some dick in her life

do yall have to pay to sign up for these site?