Ask Vegas Dave

• Start date
  • Replies 704 Comments
  • Views 63,430 Views
I think we are both screwed. Everyone I know, experience or degree alike, seems to be completely fucked these days.

What happened with the Border Patrol gig?

(Woo, Post #500!)

Still waiting, the Government is just slow. I have a friend who graduated with nearly a 4.0 from Rice who can't find a job.

Dave, do people ever talk to you like they're HAL from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey?

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

HAL: Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

college degrees are overrated Dave.
theres millions of unsuccessful fuckups like myself just waiting on the world to die.

strap on a toolbelt, find the nearest day labor camp, sit and wait on a helpless gringo to pick ya up.
you'll be making minimum wager in no time.

i could use a job too. somewhere in the usa.

i have no experience doing anything.

i have a degree from a poor state college, i think i majored in economics but i'm not sure i never went to a single class.

oh, and I won't work for less than 150k a year.

any ideas anyone?

Many of us know the truth about Ganch being fired in much the same sense as you. Can you confirm? S*R John insists he is working on a top secret project for the site in the jungle somewhere.

Ganchrow is jungleman and don't let anyone tell you different.

I've been skinny dipping and I think it feels NEAT!!

I've been skinny dipping and I think it feels NEAT!!

If this is a round-a-bout way of an invitation, I'm dropping back and punting!:moped:

Hey Vegas Dave, will you have a dime out for the superbowl and i'll be in California in july so clear your schedule!!!

Hey Vegas Dave, will you have a dime out for the superbowl and i'll be in California in july so clear your schedule!!!

Dave, bring Smogs with you up here! We'll all get "better acquainted." :wub: (Do we have the 'wub' smiley? If not, we desperately need it.)

i could use a job too. somewhere in the usa.

i have no experience doing anything.

i have a degree from a poor state college, i think i majored in economics but i'm not sure i never went to a single class.

oh, and I won't work for less than 150k a year.

any ideas anyone?

Durito, there's always the medical marijuana industry here in California and other states. This is going to be the first season in California without a limit on the number of plants you can legally grow. If you're willing to bust your ass mercilessly for a big crop, $150k is certainly within the realm of what a single person can generate. If you need help getting started, I'm at your disposal.

Scholar please don't scare off Smogs.

Dave - Are we going to get a Super Bowl video or WHAT?!?

Durito, there's always the medical marijuana industry here in California and other states. This is going to be the first season in California without a limit on the number of plants you can legally grow. If you're willing to bust your ass mercilessly for a big crop, $150k is certainly within the realm of what a single person can generate. If you need help getting started, I'm at your disposal.

Can i help in July, i'd do anything to have a reason to stay in cali for a year, even if i was an 'illegal alien' :)

Can i help in July, i'd do anything to have a reason to stay in cali for a year, even if i was an 'illegal alien' :)

I'm sure we could find plenty for you to do, Smogs. Are you much of a woodsman? I can teach you everything except good forest skills, basic orienteering and hunting experience is pretty much a prerequisite.

I'm sure we could find plenty for you to do, Smogs. Are you much of a woodsman? I can teach you everything except good forest skills, basic orienteering and hunting experience is pretty much a prerequisite.

Not quite lol, not in the american sense

We english don't have the same outside traditions.

I think i'll just laze about in Santa Cruz and do nothing - maybe have a trial for a soccer team if there are any close

Well, Santa Cruz is only 4 hours from my house, even on the same highway, so if you get bored I'll be nearby.