Ask Vegas Dave

• Start date
  • Replies 704 Comments
  • Views 63,773 Views
So how private are the private messages at RBS?

It's no secret that mods can read PMs, so obviously they aren't 100% private.

That said, posters on the board blow this way out of proportion - at least, they did while I was still around. I really never saw this feature harassed by mods; we didn't sit around the office reading all of these things and gossiping about them. Mods just kept their eyes peeled for bets being made and other illegal activity, and really only kept a close eye on the posters that warranted the extra attention with their behavior.

So basically, your PMs can and will be read, but they'll only get you in trouble if you break rules.

LOL im just rying to figure out why would you hire a clueless oaf like JJ Gold

LOL im just rying to figure out why would you hire a clueless oaf like JJ Gold

No matter what you think of him, JJ does drive a lot of traffic there.

Whats the point of paid posters ?

They are an attempt to bring in and draw traffic.

^This. As I said earlier in this thread though, I think paid posters make sense early in a forum's life to drive up traffic. For a forum as big as RBS, they've got plenty of legit posters that love posting just for the sake of posting. I think they are past the point that they need to pay people to shit all over the place, but to each their own.

Lets have a little avatar bet for the next two games. If either team wins both tonight & on the 8th, the loser uses the winners logo for a week.

Freerolling FTW :thumbup:

Dave what dish that your mom makes did you miss the most while in Tejas?

Did your gf hold out (sexually) while you were gone? or do you suspect that she has a vibrators or other toys hidden away?

what is your favorite activity to do with Max?

how difficult was it for you to get rbs to change your name from usckingsfan to vegasdave?

what kind of car does lou drive? its a neon or taurus isn't it?

It's no secret that mods can read PMs, so obviously they aren't 100% private.

That said, posters on the board blow this way out of proportion - at least, they did while I was still around. I really never saw this feature harassed by mods; we didn't sit around the office reading all of these things and gossiping about them. Mods just kept their eyes peeled for bets being made and other illegal activity, and really only kept a close eye on the posters that warranted the extra attention with their behavior.

So basically, your PMs can and will be read, but they'll only get you in trouble if you break rules.

The rules basically change. I was a member of a private message board and I PM'd the person who ran it asking for the URL. He informed me h e couldn't give it to me again (I hadn't been in a bit and my bookmarks got screwed up) or he'd lose his pm privileges. SBR is that paranoid. He wasn't recruiting me I was already there. If this is breaking the rules then the rules are wrong. I know of one other poster who got banned for running a little forum of die hard arbers because they used the sbr pm function to communicate.

Dave what dish that your mom makes did you miss the most while in Tejas?

Eggplant Parmesan. So damn good. Was glad to have that back in my life at the holidays.

Did your gf hold out (sexually) while you were gone? or do you suspect that she has a vibrators or other toys hidden away?

Hmm, you'd have to ask her. Would be a good icebreaker for when you guys meet!

what is your favorite activity to do with Max?

He's so seasoned now he doesn't really do a whole lot. It's nice just kicking back on the couch with him and giving him scratches in exchange for licks on the hand.

how difficult was it for you to get rbs to change your name from usckingsfan to vegasdave?

Not at all... just asked Willie, and he changed it a few minutes later. Presto.

what kind of car does lou drive? its a neon or taurus isn't it?

Hmm, Peter (RogueScholar) probably knows. I can't fucking remember. He was known to be a lousy driver, happy to say I never got into his car.

Davey how much you like the multi-quote feature of the board?

Dave when was the last time you broke out your Eric Cartman impression?

Dave when you are absolutely POSITIVE that nobody is looking, and nobody will ever find out, do you play air guitar with your weiner?

The rules basically change. I was a member of a private message board and I PM'd the person who ran it asking for the URL. He informed me h e couldn't give it to me again (I hadn't been in a bit and my bookmarks got screwed up) or he'd lose his pm privileges. SBR is that paranoid. He wasn't recruiting me I was already there. If this is breaking the rules then the rules are wrong. I know of one other poster who got banned for running a little forum of die hard arbers because they used the sbr pm function to communicate.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that many of RBS's rules are pretty asinine, but they are what they are. Inconsistency and haziness in rules and their interpretation pretty much go with their MO.

Davey how much you like the multi-quote feature of the board?

Cooooolness. Though I usually just copy paste quotes to make things more difficult for myself. I used it in this reply though, just because you asked.