Ask Mudcat A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 364 Comments
  • Views 37,931 Views
Juror time to change the slogan up there I guess!

Might I suggest "Home of LeadFootFred" ??

I think the only poster I ride at all any more is Casperwaits.

I only post here now and this is a pretty cool group. Unless I am forgetting something, I think I have a pretty complete acceptance of all our regulars.

Even Casper, I don't ride that much. I ignore most of his posting. (I really don't like that Casperwaits 24/7 thing under the gamelive logo BTW). But sometimes he is just such a big girl's blouse, I can't help but ride him.

I feel bad when I ride him. I understand his problems and I do have pity for him. But unfortunately when he gets going with his histrionics, it is like you're having an interesting conversation and some guy walks up and starts whacking off. It's hard to ignore. It's like, dude, I've asked you to settle down. Since it doesn't appear that you can, just go away.

I don't have a water bottle clippy thing on my bike. Sometimes if I have a longish ride, and I have my backpack, I will throw a water bottle in there. Usually though no. Most of my bike riding occurs as fairly short trips back and forth so thirst doesn't come into play.

nailed it.

I do have to say, that I LOVE public whackers

maybe we could have a contest to rename this place?

maybe we should just ask Madmaxx what he thinks an appropriate sub heading would be?

maybe we should just ask Madmaxx what he thinks an appropriate sub heading would be?

Love love love this idea.

Muddy, would you equate Casper's posting at times presently to a 5-in-1?

df-hyde-5-in-1-tool_300.jpg

I do have to say, that I LOVE public whackers

Yes I understand I am in the minority on many of my forum tastes. I'm sure that's a big reason I was such a bad mod. I was always wanting to get rid of stuff that many (most?) forum people actually love.

These days I try to do more ignoring than bashing.

Live and let whack, if you will.

Yes I understand I am in the minority on many of my forum tastes. I'm sure that's a big reason I was such a bad mod. I was always wanting to get rid of stuff that many (most?) forum people actually love.

These days I try to do more ignoring than bashing.

Live and let whack, if you will.

no no I meant real life public masturbation

Oh well sure yeah - that is always pretty deluxe.

Muddy, I read this big long write up on the jeopardy tryout/filming process, last night in my bathroom reading book (Uncle John's Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader)

I didn't realize that after you are done taping the show, it takes another 3 months for it to appear on TV and they want you to keep your results a secret for all that time...

Muddy would you tell anyone how you did, before the 3 months were up?

I was aware of that situation and I don't know how to answer your question. I would really need to see how specifically they present these requirements to me. i.e - are you subject to a lawsuit if you spill the beans or do they withhold your winnings or what? Is there some kind of a wink, wink, nudge, nudge tone to it where they know you are going to at least tell your close trusted friends but they just want things under control?

I don't know.

I know this: I would be very grateful if they got me on the show and would want to be cooperative. I wouldn't want to give them a big screw you.

It's weird though. I think if I was on the show, my parents would probably go and watch in the studio audience so they would know anyway. Are they expected to keep the results secret from my brother and sister? Bottom line: I don't know how it all works - but my general feeling is I would play ball.

well, they don't pay you until 3 months afterwards either......

if you don't win you get 2k for 2nd and 1k for first.

It didn't sound too strict.... let me find it read it from the book verbatim

"They want to keep the element of suprise, both to discourage betting and for good TV. Producers begrudgingly allow contestants to tell their family how they did, but they'd prefer you didn't."
-pg 217 of my bathroom reader

the guy that wrote up the experience lost....so there wasn't as much at stake as a guy that wins and goes on a 10 game winning streak..... i'm thinking in that case they might make you sign somthing saying you'll not reveal the outcomes....

Yeah, I would just do what they want.

Hopefully I end up in a situation like Ken Jennings where my appearance goes on for like 10 weeks, and everyone I know will see all the time I am spending in California and pretty much figure it out on their own.

Betting on Jeopardy - what a concept. Don't think it has never crossed my mind.

Muddy, what city do you live in?

Muddy, I'm just being silly.

Ok seriously though, what would be your last meal request if you were on death row and getting the chair tonight?

Please be very specific.

This is a tricky question.

Something I've always wondered: when do death row prisoners have to decide? What I want could depend so much on my mood of the day, but if I have to order a week ahead of time - that's a whole nuther story.

There is also the question of preparation. Like some days I want chicken wings real bad - but if there is some yahoo making them with some sauce I don't really like - that could be a disappointment to last a lifetime.

Do I get to specify a certain food as it is prepared at a certain restaurant? Some logistics problems there I guess. I don't know how this works.

Okay fuck it - here's an answer. I am not a fancy eater. I like good basic stuff and for my last meal I am going to have the meal I typically have when I go to the Black Angus Steakhouse. Hopefully it can be cooked in something approximating the way they do it.

That'll be a 20 oz ribeye steak - medium - with onion rings, garlic mashed potatoes and a nice dill pickle. And I think I'll add a slice of cherry cheesecake for dessert. And a Nanaimo Bar.

Big huge honking glass of milk with that.

I'm good for an eternity.

I'd ask for a steak too. But medium rare.

Lobster bisque too. Wait, this isn't my thread.

love that meal

cept the milk

I really want garlic mashed potatoes now though..... nice job

this might be a decent ad campaign for some homestyle restaurant.