Your Top 20 All-Time Movies

• Start date
  • Replies 165 Comments
  • Views 10,359 Views
I didn't care much for dumb and dumber, it made me laugh, one that I really dislike is napoleon dynamite, hate that shit.

If you like Tommy Boy, you have to like Dumb and Dumber. I just don't see a way that someone could like one movie but not the other.

It goes back to the living color days. Never thought he was funny.

Fairly amazed at the fact that these posts were one minute apart and nearly identical. Matty :wally:

it's supposed to be a timepiece of that era, lots of high school stereotypes, A++ soundtrack, guess it always brings me back to high school for whatever reason though my era was 20 years later than the setting for the film. Plus I owned a 71 Nova in high school and loved driving that car...

Dazed and Confused is not a comedy. It's just a feel-good high school movie with a bunch of classic rock tunes. Reminds me of my own high school experience even though the movie is set 15 years earlier.

Every time I rent a Mustang I have to play Slow Ride on the stereo, just cause of that movie.

I don't get the personalized nostalgia of Dazed and Confused. Didn't that movie come out when you guys were still in school?

I mean I get that it's about high school, but weren't you in high school or close to it when it came out? Is that the reason?

I don't get the personalized nostalgia of Dazed and Confused. Didn't that movie come out when you guys were still in school?

I mean I get that it's about high school, but weren't you in high school or close to it when it came out? Is that the reason?

I guess I hung out with a wide variety of "types" in high school, drove a muscle car, dug classic rock, and there are some very general themes in the movie that I can relate to. I never chased down 8th graders with a "soul pole" but man I sure did love me some red heads.

Zodiac
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski

I was 11-12 in that setting. Remember it well because you were either a disco person or a rocker. The soundtrack helps sell the movie, all big hits in the era. Fast Times does that for me. I know someone from school that can play each role.

First time I watched D&C was in the mid 2000's, way past HS. I graduated in 96.

Watching a 90's 70's movie in the 00's is a bit of a mindfuck.

Lawyer. But my office is in the fur/wholesale district. I bet Elijah was buying a gaudy purple ensenble.

Oh I see. what type of law?

Other movies:
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Push (I think it's called that)

Hah good one Coug we were wondering what movie to watch it was going to be Office Space now thanks to this thread it's The Big Lebowski which she hasn't seen.

How about some Fight Club sure a lot of people did a lot of stupid shit trying to be Tyler Durden but the movie still just fokking rocks.

You hit me in the ear Coug why did you hit me in the ear?!

I was 11-12 in that setting. Remember it well because you were either a disco person or a rocker. The soundtrack helps sell the movie, all big hits in the era. Fast Times does that for me. I know someone from school that can play each role.

disco sucks!

:grabsome: