Your Top 20 All-Time Movies

• Start date
  • Replies 165 Comments
  • Views 10,297 Views
You forgot:

Braveheart

common.

Plommer was also a hugh fan of Falcon and the Snowman.

only seen those, i like the first 3, the other one i liked when that guy played bill the butcher

:greencheck:

Gangs Of New York

Daniel Day Lewis is solid.

yeah, putting them in order took some work..good job, cougs...

porkys, caddyshack, nat. lampoons vacation... would be on my list for sure

will slowly add till i get to 20ish...

american psycho... smokey and the bandit... goodfellas... boiler room ... scarface... cannonball run ...
silence of the lambs

michael_j_fox_debut_movie_midnight_madness.jpg

in no particular order

Fallen Angels, hk, the first hong kong movie i ever saw, there's so much i stole from it, the dress style, life in a suitcase, the smile, accepting the loneliness, chaos, etc i was young stupid impressionable but it's elements are timeless

Gangster No. 1, uk, not an exceptionally great movie but the themes, 70s, rackets, the dance the music, the dress, one day i will own a business club that plays nothing but 70s music

In The Mood For Love, hk, two neighboring couples that so naturally gets betrayed, so naturally they find a way to approach each other, and explore the need to fall for each other. beautiful film about loyalty and faithfulness, and how friendship and respect can be more powerful than marriage or conventional society standards. the pictures, the angles, the dialogue, so hot. this is probably my second fav movie ever.

Hable Con Ella - Talk To Her, spain, a story about two girls falling in coma and how people deal with life, death and nostalgia. about the sorrows of missed opportunities and the reality of walking again. I saw this movie 3 times in 3 different years in 3 different countries, and each time it was different, Almodovar is a genius, powerful movie. I never saw it again and never want to.

Tropa de Elite - Elite Troop, brazil, about the BOPE police squad in Rio and how nothing matters anyway, shows very authentically the current war in Rio de Janeiro

will slowly add till i get to 20ish...

american psycho... smokey and the bandit... goodfellas... boiler room ... scarface... cannonball run ...
silence of the lambs

the exorcist ... christine ... dumb and dumber

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lord of the Rings.

Lord of the Rings

Fok Lord of the Rings.

Actually the 3rd one was cool.

But no.

Looks like Michael J. Fox in the middle.

WTF is that shit?

Matty, it;s a foking wacky college adventure. Pay attention.
And yes Fox played the main characters troubled younger brother

Lotr for sure
Caddyshack
Airplane
Big Lebowski
South Park Bigger...

I hate the notion that best all time movie cannot include comedy (somewhat alluded to in cougs deer hunter vs. Dazed). In my mind repeat watchability defines good.

Comedies typically put little effort into cinematography, sound and other artsy-fartsy stuff. :noonegivesashitmatty:

But yeah, the South Park movie is another borderline contender.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Scent of a Woman

I'm a Pacino fan. Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon are great movies. Old but good movies. Also enjoyed Scarecrow and Cruising.