You Know What Today is Folks............

• Start date
  • Replies 163 Comments
  • Views 20,405 Views
I feel like I just swallowed a jar of razor blades after watching that video.

The thing is though that Miley Cyrus has vocal and unashamed fans. You check that video on YouTube and Likes outnumber dislikes by 5-1. There are plenty of comments from people who love the song.

And as bad as that Miley Cyrus video is, it is not as epically bad as Friday. The song is put together better; it makes more sense; she looks better; she moves better; she sings better.

Don't get me wrong, it's awful, but comparatively.

I have taken an interest in this Rebecca Black phenomenon (because I am a horrible person) and I have browsed around a bit and it is very rare to see a defender other than the odd half-hearted devil's advocate kind of action.

It seems more like a William Hung thing than a Miley Cyrus thing but hey, I could be wrong.

It seems more like a William Hung thing than a Miley Cyrus thing but hey, I could be wrong.

Remember when the Blue Jays brought Hung to the Skydome to sing take me out to the ballgame?

Miley isn't that bad, her songs are actually catchy

The Miley Cyrus track is infinitely better than this horse shit Friday song in my opinion. The production is way more complex and just her vocal ability alone is far beyond this other amateur.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own or listen to Miley Cyrus but I don't blindly hate on music just because I don't like it. I realize that different people like different kinds of music.

Some people tend to think that any genre they don't like sucks. That is just fucking stupid.

Remember when the Blue Jays brought Hung to the Skydome to sing take me out to the ballgame?

I do not remember that, no.

This has all got me thinking about what kind of music I was listening to when I was 13. I liked Gordon Lightfoot and Rush was my favorite band and I liked Max Webster and the Guess Who and Elton John and I was starting to get into Pink Floyd and the Beatles and the Stones.

Something like this check or Bieber or Miley never would have gotten on my radar. I guess I was a cool kid.

You also were not a female as far as we know Muddy. Young females like some very different kinds of music. :smile:

This Rebecca Black girl is still one of the top 4 topics on Twitter......any publicity is good publicity I guess.

The Miley Cyrus track is infinitely better than this horse shit Friday song in my opinion. The production is way more complex and just her vocal ability alone is far beyond this other amateur.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own or listen to Miley Cyrus but I don't blindly hate on music just because I don't like it. I realize that different people like different kinds of music.

Some people tend to think that any genre they don't like sucks. That is just fucking stupid.

Agreed that the Miley Cyrus track is much better. However, when I first heard the Miley Cyrus song I thought that I had never heard a worse major label production. She may be more talented than this new girl, but that doesn't say much.

It's something about the chorus that really shrieks in my ear. And the lyrics are pretty awful as well.

Female country singers are best to be seen but not heard from! Just saying!

Like this!

jequry376456.jpg

Good old Billy Hung...... the most horrible person ever on American Idol...... or whereever he come from.

Its Sunday!!!!!

the guy in the green jacket..... most likely some sort of manager, really needs to have his balls sledge hammered

I hope she is able to squeeze some good money out of this experience. She is taking quite a hammering. Considering she is just a 13 year-old-girl who shows no sign of being anything but good-natured, it's pretty horrible. She just wants to sing about her friends and having fun. She means no harm. What a mean cynical world this is sometimes.

She deserves to be paid. And then she needs to take her nasty nasally voice and go away.

agreed muddy.

there are blood sucking leaches pushing this girl out there, so that they can profit. meanwhile she is getting death threats.

her Mangers or whatever should be locked up, if she ends up addicted to drugs

She so excited.

Drugs are fun fun fun fun Arch.

fun-fun-fun.gif

How did the Rebecca Black video come about? According to celebrity gossip community Oh No They Didn’t, Black’s video comes through Ark Music Factory, which is a company run out of Southern California by Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson. The duo’s business model involves producing songs for wealthy Southern California parents who think their child can be the next great pop star. One of the two (most likely Patrice Wilson) is believed to be the black dude rapping in the video.